SASS Wire Forum

Visitors from a foreign country

Had folks from California stop by, two different groups on two consecutive days.

First was Rowdy Yates, Donna, and one of their sons.  I've known Rowdy for nearly forty years, but it's always good to see them again.  I wish they could have stayed longer, but maybe next time around.

The other couple will remain nameless, but I was happy to see them too.  They came by to bring some guns and parts which will become unlawful to own after June.  He can't sell them down there because they will be illegal as of July 1st, and he can't keep them there for the same reason.....so until he can retrieve them or figure out something else to do they will reside with me.

For various reasons neither of these fine families can escape from the California Gulag.....yet.  I'm still hoping they can find a way out.

I'm grateful that my wife and family supported us moving here from California.  California was bad four years ago, but unacceptable (to me, at least) now.

JFWIW, my place is always open to visitors or refugees from repression.  Give me enough notice to clean up the guest room and restock the pantry and come on by.

Your friend has the right idea.

I think the CA law is about "possessing" rather than "owning".
As long as he does not have a banned product "in" CA, he is OK.

I fully expect an increase in storage locker rentals in Reno, in the very near future.

We are stuck in CA as well.
I put together the money, looked at over 70 properties, could not find what I wanted in Prescott, or NV.
The properties were either lacking in necessary features, or came with $1,000 HOA fees and the HOA Nazis that operate them.
Deal breakers.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Had folks from California stop by, two different groups on two consecutive days.

First was Rowdy Yates, Donna, and one of their sons.  I've known Rowdy for nearly forty years, but it's always good to see them again.  I wish they could have stayed longer, but maybe next time around.

The other couple will remain nameless, but I was happy to see them too.  They came by to bring some guns and parts which will become unlawful to own after June.  He can't sell them down there because they will be illegal as of July 1st, and he can't keep them there for the same reason.....so until he can retrieve them or figure out something else to do they will reside with me.

For various reasons neither of these fine families can escape from the California Gulag.....yet.  I'm still hoping they can find a way out.

I'm grateful that my wife and family supported us moving here from California.  California was bad four years ago, but unacceptable (to me, at least) now.

JFWIW, my place is always open to visitors or refugees from repression.  Give me enough notice to clean up the guest room and restock the pantry and come on by.

You are a good man 4T. And, you adhere the the "cowboy way" outside of the actual CAS sport. :FlagAm:

I would be very careful about keeping firearms from a non resident. It may be considered a Federal Crime unless you hold a FFL.

From the ATF web site.

Transferring/Shipping/Possession of Firearms:

4.May I lawfully transfer a firearm to an individual who resides in a different State? What if the individual resides within the same State?Under Federal law, an unlicensed individual is prohibited from transferring a firearm to an individual who does not reside in the State where the transferee resides. Generally, for a person to lawfully transfer a firearm to an unlicensed person who resides out of State, the firearm must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Licensee (FFL) within the recipient’s State of residence. He or she may then receive the firearm from the FFL upon completion of an ATF Form 4473 and a NICS background check. More information can be obtained on the ATF website at www.atf.govand http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html. The GCA provides an exception from this prohibition for temporary loans or rentals of firearms for lawful sporting purposes. For example, a friend visiting you may borrow a firearm from you to go hunting. Another exception is provided for transfers of firearms to nonresidents to carry out a lawful bequest or acquisition by intestate succession. This exception would authorize the transfer of a firearm to a nonresident who inherits a firearm under a will or by State law upon death of the owner. See 18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(5)(A)

Archived