SASS Wire Forum

Favorite Line

I'm sorry if this is a FAQ but I'm having writers block and could use some ideas.

What was the most humorous or favorite line you have said before starting a scenario?

Al Swearengen from Deadwood: Sometimes I wish we could just hit 'em over the head, rob 'em, and throw their bodies in the creek.

Cole Thornton from El Dorado:  I'm lookin' at a tin star with a... drunk pinned on it.

You scum-sucking pig!

When your gonna shoot, shoot. Don’t talk. 

Who are those guys? 

These are funny guys. Just kill one of them. 

I’ll say a prayer for ya. A little prayer. 

You will die like dogs.

At Hell on Wheels last year one of the shooters on my posse was providing his own start lines. They were all classic lines from classic westerns. He finished the match by quoting Blazing Saddles:

"What in the wide wide world of sports is a going on here? I hired you men to get some track laid, not jump around like a bunch of Kansas City..."

Even though all of his other start lines were classics in their own right this one took the cake and had us all cracking up.

At a monthly 7 or 8 years ago all of the start lines and scenarios were based on crazy Geico Insurance commercial lines. Those were plenty funny in their own right.

12 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Yosemite Sam … The roughest, toughest, he-man stuffest hombre’ is ever crossed the Rio Grande

Looney Tunes are always great.  I attended a shoot where we used lines from Foghorn Leghorn.

I decline to acquiesce your request !  

Weres that on from?

one of my 4-H kids favorite ones is

Theres a snake in my boot!

We had a stage at the barbershop. The line was supposed to be I need a shave and a haircut.  By my pic...you can see it has been a couple of months since I shaved. I got up there and said Shave me your a$$. TO got to laughing so hard he couldn’t start the timer.

Couple of years ago on a stage with a shooter activated swinging target, I adlibed the line to "I don't swing that way but I have it on good authority X does." In this case X was the TO. After a short pause he laughed so hard that he almost dropped the timer.

"You draw that gun, it'll be the last thing you ever do"

(Timothy Olyphant in Justified)

TO says "I think you done a fool thing. After all that searching around, it seems like you would have been satisfiedl to just kill him on sight."

Shooter replies "Even a rattler gives a warning."

Now you wouldn't get an idea that my left hand is slower than your right, would you, Yordy? But if you would like to prove it...

Listen, fella, there's only two kind of people I allow to call me Bat: good friends and people I like. You don't belong in either group.

Story time:

Years ago I was lucky enough to be on a posse with T Bone and the rest of the Dooley Gang.  On a particular stage there were five pistol targets set side by side.  Stage instructions said to do a single tap sweep once from each direction.  T Bone, being the ever creative gunfighter he is, got a sly smile on his face. When it was his turn to shoot that sly smile was still there.  He turned to the TO and said in that slow Texas drawl of his, "Mr Timer Operator, I'd like to buy a P".  At the beep he pulled both pistols and swept the targets from both directions AT THE SAME TIME. It was priceless. :lol:

Archived