SASS Wire Forum

Question re CZ Coach Gun

went to LGS to look at Marlin CB's (see earlier post) , coudn't leave with cash in pocket

so wife talked me into a CZ hammered coach gun??  When looking at the firing pins

there are 2 angular cuts ( very shallow) in the receiver. One for each FP angling 45 degrees

downward. They are evenly cut so it's not anything that should not be there, just don't know why they are there??

Thinking maybe to "stake" the FP bushings?? See pic and hopefully somebody here

knows why they are there

my thanks in advance

CZbreach.jpg

CZfront.jpg

Dutch, when you have a chance, inquiring minds want to about your experience with that particular model. Do you like it? How does it shoot? Etc. Asking for a friend. <3

3T this is my second CZ coach gun,  my brother appropriated the first one I had sometime back!!

IF you are competitive this is NOT the gun for you, triggers are too far apart for single cocking for most folks.

IF you want the best looking, best fit, best trigger out of the box SxS bar none, this may be the one for you.

Seriously they are beautiful and quite  a shotgun on looks alone.

As I said I re bought this one because I kinda "missed" my first one.

BUT opinions vary and mine is worth EXACTLY what you paid for it !!

29 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

IF you are competitive this is NOT the gun for you, triggers are too far apart for single cocking for most folks.

Did you mean to say "triggers".  If you ment hammers, I have no problem cocking both with one sweep of my left hand. 

1 minute ago, Warden Callaway said:

439322043_Cimarron1878weightDec2018.jpg.e0c7b49f34ac7e808e37ae2ea2b8bc71.jpg

598843930_CZ-USAweightDec2018.jpg.05a01cf05e765d5b96550f10eabdf2b5.jpg

Thanks!

TTN on top? How long are the barrels on your CZ?

That's enough weight difference for me to sell the TTN and get a CZ.

16 minutes ago, Lead Monger said:

Plus, you can lighten the hammer springs and swap the triggers right for left. The bores are hard chromed and cylinder bore. I like my CZ.

My CZ-USA Hammer Coach gun is one of my only guns that I run box stock.  I see no need to lighten the springs.  I'll certainly never swap the triggers.  I learned to shoot a hammer double before I cut my wisdom teeth. I tried one of my shooting buddy's TTNs with swapped triggers and it seemed totally queersome to me. 

48 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

You pards realize the CZ retails for $1100

and sells for generally just under. Grand?!

Just thought I’d mention it as the TTN is 

generally around half that!

IF you can find one. 

I have one, would like something different and lighter. Pretty sure it's my money I'll be spending ;)

If you luck onto a Liberty hammer double made in Turkey not Spain, they look to be every bit the same gun. We snatched this one up for less than what a 1878 are going for.  Recently a local gunshop got one in and sold it out quickly at $300!

Here I'm replacing springs that were butchered by Dremel-Man.  It wouldn't set off factory loads about half the time.  Works 100% now. I used springs from CZ-USA.  

Archived