SASS Wire Forum

Jeez! Fishing with grenade blows up boat.

Dutch Wheeler

Dear Lord, some people are specially dumb! These Russians decide to look cool and drop a grenade off the side of their fishing boat. They should have chucked it! Watch as their boat is blown up and they are knocked out. They lived, but they were lucky!

Dang short fuse on that’n. I don’t know what that is but definitely not fishing. Looks more like a hostage situation to me.

As short as that fuse was, if he'd "chucked" it the result would have likely been much worse.  :huh:

Future Darwin Award winners!! :rolleyes: <_< :lol:

OR

Sufferin' from the DUMBASS!!

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Dang short fuse on that’n. I don’t know what that is but definitely not fishing. Looks more like a hostage situation to me.

I’m with UB. There’s more to this story, even from a simple reading of the body language. This isn’t grenade fishing. 

Anybody in the Saloon speak Russian?

Bet he don't do that again.

:o

I thinking it was being filmed for a movie or TV show. Hence them standing there so long before anything happens. Waiting for the director to yell action?

Then the special effects “grenade” malfunctions. A live frag that close would have seriously ruint their day. And bodies.

5 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Happened during the filming of Expendables 2.  One of the stuntmen was killed and the other was seriously hurt.

Stuntmen In 'Expendables 2' Fatal Accident

'Expendables 2' Stuntman Sues Over Injuries in On-Set Explosion

Yeah. Not the same incident but bad things can happen.

As an aside.

My grandfather used to tell the story of grenade fishing in New Guinea during the war.

Option one was Mills Grenades (10 second fuse) thrown into the water and the locals would dive in and bring out the fish (while putting rocks/coral on the best ones to come back for later:D)

Option two was a Mills grenade in a loaf of bread (not sliced back then and it held the spoon on) you then burlyed up the sharks and threw them the bread which they swallowed. Some time later there was a crump somewhere under the water:blink:

Apparently fighting the Japanese wasn't exciting enough for some?

2 hours ago, Willy B.SASS#26902 said:

a grenade fitted with a trip wire fuse makes an instant bang

Depends on the fuse you put in it.

Sorry, but I damned near spit coffee on that one. Here, Hold my beer or vodka as Pat said!

I'm not a military man, but I thought you were supposed to lob those things. :P I remember my dad telling me about doing some grenade fishing in the South Pacific in WWII when they got fed up with army chow (and he was the cook!)

JHC

Archived