SASS Wire Forum

Where To Buy?

J.C. Bell, SASS #15217

Howdy

I just got my yearly order from Whyte Leather Works a couple of weeks ago.

Regarding brass, I never buy used brass. For 38 Special I had been collecting it for years, anticipating the day I would start reloading. By the time I started loading 38 Special I had a big bucket full of once fired brass.

All my other brass I buy new from Starline.

.44 spl not being a particularly popular cartridge (compared to 9mm, 10mm, .40, 38spl, .357, .44 mag, etc, the cost for once fired brass is not much less than new Starline brass.  just my experience.  ($19/100 used vs $105/500 new)

On 6/23/2019 at 9:28 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

They may or may not have the caliber you're looking for, but if they do their bulk prices are hard to beat.

https://www.nereloading.com/index.php/pistol-brass.html

Checking their site for nickle 38s of which I use for BP loading.  I do not see mentioned that their brass is once fired, do you suspect their source is for most part once fired?  Their care and sorting process does read to be top notch.

32 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Checking their site for nickle 38s of which I use for BP loading.  I do not see mentioned that their brass is once fired, do you suspect their source is for most part once fired?  Their care and sorting process does read to be top notch.

Hi Billy!

I really don't know if they're once fired Billy.  I wish I could be more help. I bought 3,000 pieces maybe a year ago.  I have no complaints.  I didn't notice any increase in the frequency of split cases or such.  There were a couple or three .357 cases in there, and there were a few that had really tight primer pockets, so I couldn't use them, but on the whole I thought it was a great deal.

Archived