SASS Wire Forum

Bring The Heat

Subdeacon Joe

Back in ‘77, i was doing some very special software for typesetting for newspapers. I had to do some work at the Eugene Register guard. Their bulletin board had a copy of a typo that had mentioned in Playboy.  Something about Dial Soap’s around the clock protection. I asked if they had any responsibility for it. No, ads like that are always “proof to customer” who had approved the ad.

22 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Back in ‘77, i was doing some very special software for typesetting for newspapers. I had to do some work at the Eugene Register guard. Their bulletin board had a copy of a typo that had mentioned in Playboy.  Something about Dial Soap’s around the clock protection. I asked if they had any responsibility for it. No, ads like that are always “proof to customer” who had approved the ad.

I don’t get it.

6 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I don’t get it.

I suspect that the word "clock" had been shortened by one letter and that when the customer proofed it to OK it no one noticed it. 

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I suspect that the word "clock" had been shortened by one letter and that when the customer proofed it to OK it no one noticed it. 

You suppose that means that it's good for preventing jock itch?:blush:

2 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Typos ain't anything new.

Let's not forget the El Paso Herald stating that madame Alice Abbott was shot in her 'public arch' during a disagreement with another madame.

Considering her line of work...

Archived