SASS Wire Forum

FS Taylor's & Company Spencer Carbine 45 Scho

Wild Willi

When I saw Unforgiven and saw Ned's Spencer said I got to have one of those. It is very unique! Taylors no longer sells the Spencer in 45 Schofield it is no longer made in that caliber.

I bought this about 10 years ago to go with my S&W Schofields. I sold my S&W Schofields    So I am putting her up for sale.  Look at the pics the case hardening is awsome.  Wood is very nice. I do not believe there is a mark on the gun.This is in 45 schofield of course to match my S&W  Schofields .  I have the hard case that comes with the gun but no box.  I offer here at  $1400plus the shipping to your FFL dealer.  I will send it from my FFL and I will pay my dealer FFL fee on my end.  See all of the pics she is a beauty!

WW 

Even Little Bill was fascinated by the Spencer!

UnforgivenSpencer1860-8.jpg

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

1 hour ago, Wild Willi said:

Dave Schofield is cheaper to shoot and you can buy it off the shelf if you have too

I want to shoot one in Cody Dixon matches for style points, so it has to be a 56-50. Otherwise I would have bought it long ago.

• 3 weeks later...

They really missed an opportunity with this rifle:

The original (and reproductions) in 56-50 take 7 cartridges at 1.54" length....so they should have manufactured the 45 Schofield firing rifle to accept 10 of 1.1" schofields.

This would have made it usable in CAS (granted, not competitive).  

Archived