SASS Wire Forum

Fed Ex vision problem?

Rye Miles #13621

Found this on my FRONT door this morning! Fed Ex!!!:o It's a package that is clearly labeled BACK door please! Thanks for paying attention FED X~!~:wacko:

It’s annoying when a delivery driver ignores a request. 

We placed a large large planter near our front doorway. We requested deliveries be placed behind the planter so people couldn’t see the packages from the street. 

The UPS rep can’t seem to get it right and keeps leaving packages in the open.:angry:

I no longer have a dedicated delivery person from either outfit.  Used to have a UPS guy that would put the big stuff down beside the back porch so's nobody could see it from the street! Little stuff would be placed inside the storm door!  The Fed Ex gal would come by after I got home in the evening most of the time.  She'd knock on the door and hand me the small stuff and I'd walk out to her truck for big packages.

Nowadays, you never know WHEN they'll show up or who will show up!!  Service is more spotty and they're liable to put stuff anywhere!!  I have a huge mailbox.    The other day, I was expecting a medium sized package. It was really too big to put in the mailbox and OOPS isn't supposed to use the mailbox anyway, but there it was, crammed into the front of the box with all of my USPS wadded up behind it!!  Fortunately, there wasn't anything in the regular mail the needed special handling or that couldn't stand a little FOLD, SPINDLE, or MUTILATION!!!:angry: :angry:

For the record that "back door please" sticker was put on the box by Dillon! They did their job!;)

23 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Rye-Your address is fully visible in your first post.

You might want to remove that.......;)

OLG

I thought about that so  I'll remove the pic. Thanks, OLG!;)

We have placed a rope across the steps onto our front porch with a sign on it that says please leave deliveries at back door.  We've had delivery people actually take the rope down so they could leave a package on our front porch.  We don't use our front door and there is no sidewalk from our driveway to the door--only lawn.

I came home one afternoon to discover my mailbox leaning on a weird angle.  When I touched the box, it fell over.  The neighbor across saw me at the broken mailbox post and walked across the street to tell me that he and his wife watched the Fedex truck run over my box when they backed out of the driveway of the neighbor next door to him.  He stated that two men in Fedex uniforms got out of the truck and stood my mailbox back up and drove away.

I called the local Fedex office and actually managed to get the local manager on the phone.  I explained what happened.  He put me on hold and returned in about 5 minutes.  He stated that the driver, and the supervisor who was riding with him, claimed that it never happened.  I explained that my neighbor, the city judge and his wife, a town councilman, watched them do it.  He let out a long sigh and agreed to pay for my new post and mailbox.  I would have loved to heard the discussion between the boss and those two guys in the truck.

We have a long driveway.  Last winter we had some doozy snow storms.  Wife ordered something, tracked it and the tracking said it was delivered.  Normally the driver will come up to the house and drop it off on the porch.  No package.  Wait a few days, I was out cleaning up the driveway. low and behold the driver shows up with another delivery so I ask him what happened to that other package.  He said he was afraid of getting stuck in the driveway so he tied it to one of the fence posts.  In a plastic bag, still tied to the fence post.  Drove past it for 3 days and never saw it.

My UPS guy is pretty good. He knows me and if I bump into him in town and he has a package for me he'll give it to me then. The Fedex gal will always leave my packages on the front porch if it's raining she'll put it in an empty planter by the front door to keep them dry. It the stupid mailman I have to worry about. If it doesn't fit in the mailbox he'll try to stuff it in, even if marked fragile. If it's clearly too big he'll sometimes leave it at the front door but sometimes I've found it out on the sidewalk in front of my house. If my garage door is open he'll throw it in there. I went two weeks arguing with USPS about a missing package until someone asked him where he delivered it. He said, "I put it in the garage." After having to pull my Nova out I found it on the far side. Looked like he just tossed it in there and didn't bother to look.

On a side note. I did find a screwdriver I was missing.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

I came home one afternoon to discover my mailbox leaning on a weird angle.  When I touched the box, it fell over.  The neighbor across saw me at the broken mailbox post and walked across the street to tell me that he and his wife watched the Fedex truck run over my box when they backed out of the driveway of the neighbor next door to him.  He stated that two men in Fedex uniforms got out of the truck and stood my mailbox back up and drove away.

I called the local Fedex office and actually managed to get the local manager on the phone.  I explained what happened.  He put me on hold and returned in about 5 minutes.  He stated that the driver, and the supervisor who was riding with him, claimed that it never happened.  I explained that my neighbor, the city judge and his wife, a town councilman, watched them do it.  He let out a long sigh and agreed to pay for my new post and mailbox.  I would have loved to heard the discussion between the boss and those two guys in the truck.

My ex once got a job as a USPS driver. During her probationary period there was ZERO allowance for accidents or property damage of any kind. While doing a run she accidentally bumped into the corner of a building and slightly dented the gutter downspout with the rear mirror. The damage was so slight I doubt anyone would've noticed or cared. However she reported it to her boss anyway, and got fired for it.

Archived