SASS Wire Forum

Show me your Wild Bunch rigs!

Grizzly Dave

So I've shot a couple of Wild Bunch matches now, and figure I might want to keep doing it some, so I guess I'd best get myself a proper rig.

I'd love to see pics of what you have, what you like about them, what you don't like, and what features you figure  are worth while.

I'm not looking for a recommendation for a maker, just what features you figure are important.

Thanks much

Grizz

I use a modified Sam Brown belt, modified military/police holster, and modified patent leather mag carriers with the flaps cut off. My holster drops way down on my thigh and feels perfect. I keep contemplating buying a rig made specifically for WB but my current rig works perfect for me. I even wore it to requalify and got all kinds of strange looks at the range, especially from the instructor...lol... 

30 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I like mine coz it's purdy! Maker Wildcat John.

I usually carry the mag that goes in the pistol in the little purse. It also holds spare SG shells.

WB Rig.jpg

That is purdy!!!

Dave,

Here is mine, built by Doc Noper (not the gun belt).  Also, I really recommend the Mernickle WB loading strip.  Holds a mag, shotgun shells and rifle rounds.  Clips on to the gunbelt.  mags slide in and out easily yet retain enough to move quickly between positions.  Same with the holster.  I prefer 6 mags on the belt and a slide for a couple of shotgun shells and rifle rounds in case I jack one out.

IMG_9041.thumb.jpg.67c95929a81407fd5c19ec90580c5fd0.jpgIMG_2984.thumb.jpg.aaa92342cecdf6cd1a7bf353f4342f6d.jpgIMG_0410.thumb.jpg.ea50d18e2cacb3c0ec9bb1413998193f.jpgIMG_5307.thumb.jpg.523cf584c7cd298023cd28be974c5983.jpgIMG_6017.thumb.jpg.bfa066acca128ce31f9de7883a1ea602.jpg

Here is mine. I just add mag pouches as needed. Sorry for the plastic 1911, my pistol safe is buried right now due to re-arranging things.

Wild Bunch Rig.JPG

On 6/22/2019 at 12:28 AM, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Here is mine. I just add mag pouches as needed. Sorry for the plastic 1911, my pistol safe is buried right now due to re-arranging things.

Wild Bunch Rig.JPG

Nice rig. Any info about it?

I mentioned earlier that I use my Mernickle CAS rig.  Here's a pic.  The rig is around 20 years old and the pistol fits the SAA holster perfectly.  Mad Dog McCoy made the mag pouches for me, matching the stamping pattern on the belt.

WB Rig.jpg

Archived