SASS Wire Forum

"Marlin" Ad

Waxahachie Kid #17017 L

Just received a copy of my monthly gun magazine, from the N.R.A., and in it was an ad for a new Marlington rifle, that I thought was interesting.

The ad is for a new lever-action rifle in .38 special/.357 magnum. 

The finish is stainless steel.

The round capacity is 6 rounds.

The barrel is threaded for a silencer.

It has a large lever-loop. 

And....the stock is: "painted hardwood".  Hummm...interesting.  Marlin went from American black walnut, to: "painted hardwood".

The ad doesn't show the complete rifle, from end-to-end, just the part below the lever to the end of the silencer.  

The ad states "History repeats itself with a high-tech whisper."  I am trying to figure out how history can repeat itself, in this case.  Interesting.   

The rifle is interesting looking.  I presume the folks at Marlington figured it would fill a niche, and perhaps it will with some.   

But, bottom line the ad was interesting, and the "painted hardwood" was unexpected, to say the least. 

My Two Bits.

W.K.

"Dark Series"

...because when the zombie apocalypse happens, you wont survive without a tacti-cool rifle of some sort.

I am already in the process of putting some black velcro on my cowboy hat to hold some "morale patches" and a fastex buckle spur-strap conversion for my cowboy boots so I can have 'quick change' capability if I need to swap out my spurs in a crisis.

For those that REALLY want to go full on tacti-cool - I recommend tossing an EoTech XPS and 3x magnifier on top of your new Dark Series zombie carbine.

It should have been built with a retractable bayonet operated by the lever when the last round is fired and the lever should double as detachable brass knuckles

The design engineers clearly dropped the ball on this one

amateurs

One of our local gun stores had one recently.  Its interesting but didn't do anything for me.  For the tactical crowd I think it will sell, for us who shoot CAS, I believe most prefer walnut and no black paint.  The black paint looks best on steel targets......just saying.

2 hours ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

The AR ad shows 38/357.  Six rounds. and is marketed as the "new" 1894.  The 336 model comes in 30-30.

I see....I was looking at the 336 model.

Kajun

In the reel world the Marlin Big Bore has gotten some good film time lately, which probably means some good advertising for Marlin lever guns.  In the pics below you see Jeremy Renner's character in the movie Wind River using a Marlin 1895SBL. Not exactly the same rifle as that Dark Series rifle link, but sales are sales. Gotta like a big bore Marlin! :D

Renner Marlin.jpg

Renner Marlin 4.jpg

555555.jpg

Archived