SASS Wire Forum

California DOJ Proposes “Emergency” Regulations Requiring Federally Compliant IDs for All Firearm and Ammunition Transfers

Charlie T Waite

California DOJ Proposes “Emergency” Regulations Requiring Federally  Compliant IDs for All Firearm and Ammunition Transfers

Seems like everything those idiots want is an “emergency”!!

They work strictly on emotion!!  No concept of reality!!

• 2 weeks later...

So I read that on Tuesday, Gov Gavin "Grabass" Newsom said that Real ID's would be required ~ and was immediately countered by the DOJ.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article231938023.html

No Real ID needed for ammo purchases? California justice department contradicts Newsom

While touting California's gun control policies, Gov Gavin Newsom said Tuesday that residents would need Real IDs or equivalent documents to buy ammunition next month.

Minutes later, the California Department of Justice contradicted him, clarifying that there would be no Real ID requirement as part of new firearm and ammunition regulations taking effect July 1.

The mixed messages are adding to the confusion and frustration California gun owners and advocacy groups have expressed in recent weeks as they try to navigate new regulations they first learned about earlier this month....  

[Attorney General Xavier] Becerra left the news conference early and did not contradict Newsom on camera. While fielding questions from reporters, Newsom looked over his shoulders for help in explaining the proposed regulation.

“Now I need my attorney general to look at the legal framework,” Newsom said.

Hopefully that puts an end to this particular bit of nonsense for a while.  :angry:

On 6/27/2019 at 5:40 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WTH---Sounds like the CA-DOJ, just contradicted the CA-DOJ. :rolleyes:

It was a CA-DOJ press release that started this crap-storm......... :huh:

I need a drink :excl: :lol:

OLG

I just bought some shotshells at Sportsmans Warehouse (#6 steel for this years dove season).

When I asked the hunting department guys, they said that they were just told that the DOJ "clarified" last night that Real ID would be required.

I tried to confirm online; very much unclear. Official word is that Real ID is required, and that license/ID's that state "Federal Limits Apply" will require addidional identification.

Okay... so what about those of us with ID/icenses that are still valid, are NOT Real ID's, but do not say "Federal Limits Apply?"  :huh:

What a fluster cluck!  :angry:

Archived