SASS Wire Forum

Howdy all,

I'm trying to decide what cowboy toy I'm going to treat myself to upon my return from deployment and an 1887 shotgun is a prime contender. I understand that Taylor&Co's rifles and pistols are top notch, but does anyone have any experience good or bad with a Taylor's 1887? I can only find reviews of the Terminator Model and that isn't the one I want.  Or should I just try and get my hands on a Coyote Cap?

Any input is appreciated.

-Tall Tale

The Taylor's 1887 is made by Chiappa and are the best built by far. They are a 1lb heavier than the IAC/Coyote Cap. The IAC(both the standard and Coyote Cap Special edition) are a little cheaper IF you can find one. Both the Chiappa and IAC will likely need some fine tuning by Lassiter or another gunsmith that knows what they are doing. Good Luck.

Run, don't walk, away from a PW87 by Century Arms.

Thank you for your service.

8 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

The Taylor's 1887 is made by Chiappa and are the best built by far. They are a 1lb heavier than the IAC/Coyote Cap. The IAC(both the standard and Coyote Cap Special edition) are a little cheaper IF you can find one. Both the Chiappa and IAC will likely need some fine tuning by Lassiter or another gunsmith that knows what they are doing. Good Luck.

Run, don't walk, away from a PW87 by Century Arms.

Thank you for your service.

What he said X2:excl:

OLG

2 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Contact Lassiter and buy one directly from him already set up.

Tom's Single Action Shop

675 Crawford Tom's Run Rd
New Lebanon, OH 45345
Phone: 937-687-1039

Wait a week or so as he's at EOT now.

OLG

Be prepared to practice loading your new 1887 . Lots of practice . They look cool when shot by competent shooters.

the newbe shooter is just fun to watch  I have had. more Unfired shot shells on the ground than fired. 

I heard a World Champion state that he hopes all of his competitors use 1887's

Thankyou for your service welcome home

9 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

Be prepared to practice loading your new 1887 . Lots of practice . They look cool when shot by competent shooters.

the newbe shooter is just fun to watch  I have had. more Unfired shot shells on the ground than fired. 

I heard a World Champion state that he hopes all of his competitors use 1887's

Thankyou for your service welcome home

Thats part of the fun is getting to practice while watching tv and subsequently driving my wife mad. I’m not allowed to practice loading my ‘97 when she’s home haha. Something about filling the house with noise. 

I’m not home yet, but thank you for the well wishes. 

14 minutes ago, Tall Tale Todd said:

Thats part of the fun is getting to practice while watching tv and subsequently driving my wife mad. I’m not allowed to practice loading my ‘97 when she’s home haha. Something about filling the house with noise. 

I’m not home yet, but thank you for the well wishes. 

Well an 87 isn't exactly quiet and you really need to practice some live fire with those; maybe more so than other types. Recoil causes short strokes for me for some reason.

Are all the Chiappi"s 87"s good.   Or are the Taylors models better.    GW

Archived