SASS Wire Forum

ALPO will love this one

Some States have a law that basically states if in the commission of a crime and someone dies, the

criminal (regardless of the type crime) can be charged with murder of one degree or another.

A good lawyer represents the criminal and thru some unlawful tactics and a fabrication of facts,

the criminal is found innocent of the more serious crime of murder.   Basically, the lawyer committed

an unlawful act during the defense of the criminal.

Then the criminal goes out and commits murder.   Because of the unlawful act of the lawyer, which

proceeded the more serious crime of murder, can the lawyer now be tried for murder because it was

his criminal act which freed the defendant, which in turn has now caused a death?

..........Widder

Only wish it was that way, and apply to the judges who release them too      GW

Got a better ponder.

Death during the commission of a felony is murder 1 for everyone involved in the felony.

So if me and Bob go joyriding (Grand Theft Auto) and Bob (who is driving) runs down a jaywalker, that's murder 1.

Now, if I get convicted of GTA, do I have to be tried for murder, or does my GTA conviction AUTOMATICALLY make me guilty, and I get to say hi to Old Sparky?

I ain't a lawyer, but I would suspect the DA would try to pin an 'accessory to murder' charge on you.

P.S. - What if the JayWalker was drunk from a local bartender who knew he was to drunk to walk home

same.   Could the Bartender also be held liable?

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

P.S. - What if the JayWalker was drunk from a local bartender who knew he was to drunk to walk home

same.   Could the Bartender also be held liable?

..........Widder

In California, yes.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Got a better ponder.

Death during the commission of a felony is murder 1 for everyone involved in the felony.

So if me and Bob go joyriding (Grand Theft Auto) and Bob (who is driving) runs down a jaywalker, that's murder 1.

Now, if I get convicted of GTA, do I have to be tried for murder, or does my GTA conviction AUTOMATICALLY make me guilty, and I get to say hi to Old Sparky?

Florida hasn’t used the chair since Florida hasn’t used the chair since 1999, you get the gurney.

Lawyers, Judges, Politicians get a pass.

It’s our system. If they were held liable what kind of of legal system would we have? Is there any place they are liable?

Parents get a pass too. If a parent brings up a hellion, once that hellion turns 18 the parents are off the hook. I think perhaps parents should be liable, up to a point. 

Archived