SASS Wire Forum

Creepy commercials!

Rye Miles #13621

All of the above and the Stanley Steamer ad with the kid urinating on the floor in the bathroom.

The news channels wasting your time telling you whats coming up next instead of just showing it. Any of the ambulance chaser ads and drug commercials....bleh.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most all of the pharmaceutical commercials grate on me, especially the ones that use corney old pop sons as their theme song. "Oh, oh, oh Ozempic" is the absolute worst. The one that creeps me out the most is the guy who does his stupid little dance throughout the commercial. He bebops in the kitchen while pouring oil on the floor, his dog doesn't want to walk with him and he bebops in the office to deliver a report. He bebops mowing the lawn. And to top it off, in some scenes he has a beard and in others he's clean shaven. Ugh.......

10 hours ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

Most all of the pharmaceutical commercials grate on me, especially the ones that use corney old pop sons as their theme song. "Oh, oh, oh Ozempic" is the absolute worst. The one that creeps me out the most is the guy who does his stupid little dance throughout the commercial. He bebops in the kitchen while pouring oil on the floor, his dog doesn't want to walk with him and he bebops in the office to deliver a report. He bebops mowing the lawn. And to top it off, in some scenes he has a beard and in others he's clean shaven. Ugh.......

I can't hit the mute button fast enough on that one!!:lol:

20 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Gotta hand it to Geico. At least they try to make their commercials funny or entertaining. The cavemen shtick wore out quickly but the rest has usually been good.

I liked the camel annoying everyone in the office with his "What day is it?"

Probably the prize goes to all the various prescription drug commercials. It starts off with somebody enjoying life, walking through a pretty field or enjoying time with their family on a beach somewhere. The drug is supposed to treat some bizarre condition nobody outside the medical field even knew existed. Then as we watch Mr. Happy dancing on the beach with his kids we then get to hear "Side effects may include headaches, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, sudden muscle cramps, involuntary spasms, foaming at the mouth, intense itching and redness, loss of vision and hearing, and difficulty breathing. Ask your doctor if Ambicrap is right for you." :huh:

11 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Probably the prize goes to all the various prescription drug commercials.

My favorite of the creepy drug side effect commercials is the one for Abilify. As it may cause compulsive gambling.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:32 AM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Reports are she’s still drawing a million a year.

Makes me wonder what Jan over at Toyota is bringing down.  She started off as the receptionist and is now clearly the top salesperson...

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Probably the prize goes to all the various prescription drug commercials. It starts off with somebody enjoying life, walking through a pretty field or enjoying time with their family on a beach somewhere. The drug is supposed to treat some bizarre condition nobody outside the medical field even knew existed. Then as we watch Mr. Happy dancing on the beach with his kids we then get to hear "Side effects may include headaches, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, sudden muscle cramps, involuntary spasms, foaming at the mouth, intense itching and redness, loss of vision and hearing, and difficulty breathing. Ask your doctor if Ambicrap is right for you." :huh:

Don't forget "sudden death", that one always gets me!

CBG

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:37 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The Pepto Bismal commercial with that stupid song that mentions diarrhea!!! :o

Yup , that's the worst IMHO I cringe every time it comes on.   SCJ

Creepy...???

How about the stupid blue cartoon bears using toilet paper as an aphrodesiac?

But, on the other hand, if it weren't for commercials, I wouldn't know that:

>My bladder has blue eyes

>My lower intestines are a redhead chick that follows me everywhere

>My turds are purple before they come out.

Who knew???

How about the Liberty commercial with the "Fitness junky" who modified his calves?? Wow, now that's pretty creepy and weird! The guy is also got a gut and looks like he needs to go easy on the pasta!:D

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:16 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Progressive Field here in Cleveland is where the Indians play. Flo is plastered all over the place! She's also all over the Ohio Turnpike at the toll booths! Yea she's getting a little annoying!

Item #267 that chaps my hide is the idea that sports stadiums are built with public money, then instead of naming them after some local hero they become known as Progressive Field, Safeco Field, T-Mobile Park, or whatever. I'd like to meet Mr. Safeco personally and ask him what makes him so special that he deserves to have a stadium named after him. :angry:

Yeah yeah I know... money talks, **** walks. <_<

2 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Item #267 that chaps my hide is the idea that sports stadiums are built with public money, then instead of naming them after some local hero they become known as Progressive Field, Safeco Field, T-Mobile Park, or whatever. I'd like to meet Mr. Safeco personally and ask him what makes him so special that he deserves to have a stadium named after him. :angry:

Yeah yeah I know... money talks, **** walks. <_<

Yep, it's $$$$ alright, I believe 10 million for naming rights, maybe more!!

How about the Kerasol commercial where the toenails are talking to each other? They tell each other  theyre feeling and looking great! :lol:

On 6/18/2019 at 1:12 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Remember the one a few years back that had the side effect of "Greasy anal leakage"! Hey Doc., sign me up!

I also despise the one for some sort of Medicare coverage with whiny Joe Namath, make ya want to send him some Huggies!

My mother was optimistic, all those years ago, when she commented that commercials were aimed for "the lowest common denominator of intelligence ... third grade."
That was back in 19 and 63, when I was in third grade.

Things have gone downhill since then!

2 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

My mother was optimistic, all those years ago, when she commented that commercials were aimed for "the lowest common denominator of intelligence ... third grade."
That was back in 19 and 63, when I was in third grade.

Things have gone downhill since then!

My mom used to say, better be thankful for the commercials because they allow us to watch TV for free! Of course that was way back when TV was free!!!!

How about the Chantax commercial with the turkey that’s quitting smoking?? :blink: 

The commercial that greatly offends the misses sensibilities is one for a shaver for women.  There are bikini clad actresses using the product to trim bonsai bush.  The bonsai are sitting on a table at a high that strategically places the foliage.  The visual allows the commercial to let the viewer know what the product is for without saying it.

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Beware old guys pushing stuff to Seniors. Early example, Art Linkletter pushing the Contour Craftmatic Chairs supposed made to fit your body. Now Joe Namath, and Alex Trebec’s Colonial Penn life insurance.

Don’t forget Tom Selleck and the reverse mortgage commercials.

Not so “creepy”, but...

Then there's Terry Bradshaw selling the "walk-in-tub!! OMG, it's disgusting!!

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Then there's Terry Bradshaw selling the "walk-in-tub!! OMG, it's disgusting!!

YEAH!!  Him and Pat Boone!!

Archived