SASS Wire Forum

Creepy commercials!

Rye Miles #13621

I hate all commercials but the Arby's guy is really creepy, don't think I'll eat there anymore and what's up with the dude Limu and his "emu" on the Liberty Insurance commercials!:o KFC needs someone new too, someone who actually looks like the Colonel! The local car dealers are really bad, they scream and yell at you, no way I'm buying a car at those places!:wacko:

Got any that you think are really creepy!!???? 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I don't know about creepy, but if I hear that idiotic "Turn to the Nerds" commercial again I may throw my TV out the window :wacko:

Wow, that's annoying to say the least!:angry:

The moron in the passenger seat of the Sonic ads makes me nuts as well!

Toilet paper ads that use "cute" words and jingles to describe bodily functions;

Sanitary napkin/tampon ads 

Male "enhancement" ads

Drug ads

Shyster ads, claiming that certain lawyers can get you great recoveries from drug and medical device manufacturers for "defective products"

I'm sorry, but there are just some topics that are best discussed with your doc and resolved factually - not relegated to mass marketing slogans and animated bladders leading you around by the hand.

LL

The Pepto Bismal commercial with that stupid song that mentions diarrhea!!! :o

3 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Not so creepy, but the Jimmy Dean commercial has a voice-over that purports to be himself.  Considering that he's been dead for a few years, and the voice sounds nothing like him... And, I don't eat sausage anyway! :mellow:

Sorry, but they pulled the audio from their old commercials.  That really is Jimmy Dean.  

Original:

New:

Jimmy Dean Show:

I do like those Jack Links jerky commercials when the Bigfoot thumps on dumb asses out in the wilderness. Although, it doesn't make me want to go buy jerky.

My brain tends to shut off when a commercial comes on. A conditioned defense mechanism I reckon.

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Toilet paper ads that use "cute" words and jingles to describe bodily functions;

Sanitary napkin/tampon ads 

Male "enhancement" ads

Drug ads

Shyster ads, claiming that certain lawyers can get you great recoveries from drug and medical device manufacturers for "defective products"

I'm sorry, but there are just some topics that are best discussed with your doc and resolved factually - not relegated to mass marketing slogans and animated bladders leading you around by the hand.

LL

Thank you and I couldn't agree more!

The Choice Hotels commercials, "badda book badda bloom". 

CBG

23 minutes ago, Charles B. Gatewood SASS #48517 said:

The Choice Hotels commercials, "badda book badda bloom". 

AH!  But you remember what it is for!  Some commercials, when they are over, I have no clue what they were advertizing.  

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The Pepto Bismal commercial with that stupid song that mentions diarrhea!!! :o

The commercials are bad enough, What's worse is that they intentionally play them right at lunchtime and dinnertime just to put you off eating your food. :angry:

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Does anyone really like Flo and the Progressive ads? They have been so (too) long running.

No. They were amusing for the first year or so, but not since. She’s getting a little long in the tooth and kinda creepy these days. 

3 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Not so creepy, but the Jimmy Dean commercial has a voice-over that purports to be himself.  Considering that he's been dead for a few years, and the voice sounds nothing like him... And, I don't eat sausage anyway! :mellow:

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That really is Jimmy Dean.

Which one... the audio or the sausage? :wacko::blink:

33 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Gotta hand it to Geico. At least they try to make their commercials funny or entertaining. The cavemen shtick wore out quickly but the rest has usually been good.

I like the ones with the Golden Retrievers or is that Subaru?. I don't know who does it I just like the dogs!

I can't recall the advertiser (just shows ya that the ads themselves are so entertaining that the product is forgotten), but the "Running of the bulldogs", where the guy gets knocked down, and one of the dogs comes up and licks his face is funny! :D

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Does anyone really like Flo and the Progressive ads? They have been so (too) long running.

Progressive Field here in Cleveland is where the Indians play. Flo is plastered all over the place! She's also all over the Ohio Turnpike at the toll booths! Yea she's getting a little annoying!

I like Flo.  She reminds me of the slightly trashy sweet girl who dropped out of high school, is too proud to be on Welfare, and is making it the best she knows how. 

When my wife and I moved into our new home here in SoCal in March we got a great deal on internet but it came with basic cable. For two evenings we still didn’t have our PS3 and everything hooked up so we watched regular cable TV.

I had forgotten how annoying commercials were and how many were medical commercials for prescription medications.

”...side effects include (insert things here you didn’t know a body could have and continue living)” And Sixgun is right! The worst ones were at dinner time. :blink:

That was the first time I had watched commercial TV in years. I am hoping to keep up my trend if not having to put up with it for years to come.

I find the Cottonelle commercial where they “wipe” the peach and then talk about taking the guy home to meet the other guy’s parents!

The Pepto commercials and the body function/sexual enhancement ads have taken things more than a little too far!!

Archived