SASS Wire Forum

'73 Stainless Magazine Tube

Taylors has them in the white, looks like stainless, holds up well, have had no problems with mine...Thanks...CoJack

Not sure if you are correct on this CJ.  I ordered some and it took 22 months to get them. Still have some on back order.  I put them on my web site and still have 4 in stock at www.wheelergunworks.com for sale and sold you the ones you have.  Is there a link to the place to order them?

TAG,

You can get one in the white as Lefty mentions or polish a blued one then with either, add one of Lefty's aluminum inserts or "carbon" one from Slick.

Billy,

I'm not actually looking to purchase one at this time, got a couple already.  Just putting out feelers for other pards who have asked about mine.  I went with the stainless tube back when they were available as that's about the time I got into BP and I was looking to prevent any rusting issues that I'd heard could happen with BP.  Knowing what I do now, problably would just stick with the factory steel tube and only use the stainless spring and follower.  The stainless tubes work fine, not complaining about them, just don't think with the cleaning regimen I follow that there would be any problems with rust.

Thanks

Titus

Re-did some research on the magazine tube in white finish.  Uberti has a preoperatory process, they use a high concentration of nickel in the hot dipping to get the finish that resists rust.  If a person were to remove the blue finish and polish it, your tube would easily rust.   Taylors also does not stock tubes in white however you can special order one.  This information came from Taylors and Co. 

Archived