SASS Wire Forum

Stealing home!!

Rye Miles #13621

Nothing more exciting than a straight out stealing of home!! GO TRIBE!!

https://www.mlb.com/news/leonys-martin-steals-home-for-indians

It’s been an interesting couple of days.

Friday, Ian Desmond of the Rockies hit an inside the parker against the Padres. I told my wife how rare that is.

Saturday, Fernando Tatis of the Padres hit an inside the parker against the Rockies. My wife doesn’t think it’s rare now. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It’s been an interesting couple of days.

Friday, Ian Desmond of the Rockies hit an inside the parker against the Padres. I told my wife how rare that is.

Saturday, Fernando Tatis of the Padres hit an inside the parker against the Rockies. My wife doesn’t think it’s rare now. :lol:

Hunter Pence hit one for the Rangers a few days ago. It's still a rarity, like hitting for the cycle.

JHC

51 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Hunter Pence hit one for the Rangers a few days ago. It's still a rarity, like hitting for the cycle.

JHC

Jake Bauers of the Indians hit for the cycle the other night against Detroit!! That’s hard to do!!!

25 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Pitcher appeared asleep at the switch, and the catcher bobbled a poor throw, so straight up question: who gets the error - catcher, pitcher or none?

None! That was the call, just SAFE!

On 6/16/2019 at 6:50 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Nothing more exciting than a straight out stealing of home!! GO TRIBE!!

https://www.mlb.com/news/leonys-martin-steals-home-for-indians

For a year, Shortcake and I did a feature segment on a morning radio show in Peoria. Zach McAllister was one of our guests. He represented the "Tribe" well. Super nice guy. He still comes back and does a baseball skills camp for kids every year. From left, Co-host Steve Young, Host Roger Monroe, Zach, and your very own Lawdog. Picture by Shortcake.

McAllisterSteveAnd Me.JPG

10 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

For a year, Shortcake and I did a feature segment on a morning radio show in Peoria. Zach McAllister was one of our guests. He represented the "Tribe" well. Super nice guy. He still comes back and does a baseball skills camp for kids every year. From left, Co-host Steve Young, Host Roger Monroe, Zach, and your very own Lawdog. Picture by Shortcake.

McAllisterSteveAnd Me.JPG

Do you have a radio show? How cool that you were involved in this, I'm impressed!

We kinda fell into it. Steve Young (in the picture) went to high school with Shortcake. At the time, she was working a couple of days a week at the East Peoria Bass Pro Shop making fudge. Steve asked her to bring some by the studio. So we did! They wired us up on a Friday morning for the last hour of the show. Anyway, we started bantering back and forth as we usually do, and had everybody in the studio laughing. The host, Roger Monroe, asked if we could come back every Friday. We kinda balked at that because half the fun of being retired is little or no schedules. We called Roger back, and said we would like to do it every other Friday for a year. For a format we suggested profiling area people or businesses, that have made an impact locally (or beyond), that are not really on the front page everyday, but are off the beaten path. So for the next 52 weeks, "Off the Beaten Path with Nick and Kath" premiered every other Friday from 8-9am. We used the alphabet, so every other week listeners knew the letter our subject began with, but that was it. Strict secrecy. Hence, the excitement (and listeners) would build for that Friday morning. Zach McAllister was our "Z", for our final show on December 30, 2016. We still get calls to come back on, and we still meet Steve and his wife for lunch. Maybe one day we'll pop in for an hour and chat with our old gang. But for now, I got steel to shoot and shells to reload! Here is a publicity picture that station used.

NickandKath.jpg

Archived