Here come the midday shooters.

image.jpg

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On June 21, 2019 at 8:57 AM, Yul Lose said:

Here come the midday shooters.

image.jpg

This is pretty cool, a Model A car club just came through.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

C N Double from Tucson just hiked up the hill to say hello.

image.jpg

Speaking of firsts, a public spectator didn't have the $5.00 Saturday admission fee and asked me for a loan.

Mild Bill.

image.jpg

The one and only Major Pain.

image.jpg

I enjoy visiting with people that come past my post and it's fun to joke with them about them paying me up here and then paying again down there in town. A guy just flashed me his deputy sheriffs (real) badge. We both got a good chuckle out of that one.

People Mover or tram that they use to shuttle shooters from the campground and visitors from the public parking lot up the hill. The local Chevy dealer loans out the vehicles and on busy days there will be 3 of the trams in use full time.

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, High Noon Henry said:

The Mounted Shooters came through town Friday afternoon.  

Well, that's just WAY too cool!

2 hours ago, High Noon Henry said:

The Mounted Shooters came through town Friday afternoon.  

Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed meeting you and your wife and friends today.

Well folks due to a slight medical issue that may or not be related to the one I had a few years ago we’ll be leaving early tomorrow morning. I wanted to make time to go down into town and take a lot more pictures to post but just can’t do it. I’d like to invite everyone that attended EOT and took pictures to please post them on this thread and fill in the massive holes that I’ve left open. There is so much more to EOT that I’ve left out. Starting this thread hopefully got the yearning to attend future EOT’s going in a lot of you because much like the sport EOT is habit forming in its own way.

Misty Moonshine and her awesome crew know how to put on a match. I don’t shoot at EOT but I can tell you that there are very rarely any sad faces when participants leave the ranch. Safe travels home everyone.

Take care and be safe on the way home. 

At least you had Dusty and EZGZ making a fuss over you instead of some 200 pound paramedic with tattoos and nose hair.  Superdeluxe classy cowboy ladies.

if there isn't an award or belt buckle for your generous service to us folks at home during EOT, then they need to make one up and give it to you!

2 hours ago, Shotgun Clay said:

Take care and be safe on the way home. 

At least you had Dusty and EZGZ making a fuss over you instead of some 200 pound paramedic with tattoos and nose hair.  Superdeluxe classy cowboy ladies.

I can’t say enough about the response both times by SASS on my medical issues. Had Dusty Garnet not forced me to leave that altitude last time my doctor felt I had less than 24 hours to live had I stayed. 

Thanks Yule! 

I’m a new kid in town and I sure appreciated following along with your posts!  I’m going to make EOT a priority next year. Great group of folks here and I’ve enjoyed the humor, the razzing and the tremendous amount of care and concern for others that is exhibited here among SASS members. That right there is the reason that I decided to join. I like to shoot, but I can do that anywhere, so my hat is off to all of you for the the warm welcome, willingness to answer the new guys questions and share the game. 

Prayers for a safe trip home and for your continuing good  health. I look forward to meeting you Sir and thank you again!  

-Jeff Tucker  (hopefully I’ll get to find out my alias after the gals recover from EOT ) 

9 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Dang, Yul, altitude sucks.  Glad you're okay.  Thanks for this awesome thread.   I'm pretty sure it will continue quite a ways!

I hope it continues. I really just scratched the surface of the EOT experience. My intent was to have a picture posted of every single participant so  faces could have names. Using my little 11 year old phone camera and trying to write the text using that little keyboard was a challenge. I heard so many aliases that keeping them straight and matching them to faces was nearly impossible. My hope is that someone someday will do a documentary of EOT and delve onto the entire host of participant from the slowest to the fastest, oldest to youngest, the Wild Bunch, Waddies, vendors, SASS paid personnel and on and on.

There is one guy at EOT that I just have to mention to you folks that have never been there and you folks that have been there will know immediately who I’m talking about. All dressed up in his cowboy gear he looks like a short version of Tommy Lee Jones in Lonesome Dove. He’s Byron The Duke, the proprietor of the Conestoga wagon root beer stand. I like to manipulate aliases a bit and remembering how Gene Hackman did that to Richard Harris in Unforgiven I Call Byron The Duke Byron The Duck, we both get a pretty good laugh out of it even after all these years.

6 hours ago, Jeff North Idaho Leather said:

Thanks Yule! 

I’m a new kid in town and I sure appreciated following along with your posts!  I’m going to make EOT a priority next year. Great group of folks here and I’ve enjoyed the humor, the razzing and the tremendous amount of care and concern for others that is exhibited here among SASS members. That right there is the reason that I decided to join. I like to shoot, but I can do that anywhere, so my hat is off to all of you for the the warm welcome, willingness to answer the new guys questions and share the game. 

Prayers for a safe trip home and for your continuing good  health. I look forward to meeting you Sir and thank you again!  

-Jeff Tucker  (hopefully I’ll get to find out my alias after the gals recover from EOT ) 

IMHO, every SASS member should attend at least one EOT. There is just so much involved it’s impossible to know what EOT is unless you experience it. The ladies at EOT that do the office jobs during most of the years were doing lots of other labor this week. On my way down to the medical building yesterday afternoon I saw Ruby Rulthless climb up on a dumpster in her fancy saloon girl outfit and attempt to tamp down the overflowing trash! I’ve observed Misty and Amber busing tables after the dinners and not just once many times over the years. Those ladies will get some criticism from some this time of year because they don’t get something out or answer a phone call fast enough but when the dust settles from EOT they’ll be back at it.

On 6/20/2019 at 5:58 AM, Yul Lose said:

Billy The Avenger and Taco Belle.

image.jpg

If ever there was an inspiration for someone to work through a serious hand injury and not let it limit what they do, it’s this guy right here, Billy The Avenger. A few years ago Billy lost 2/3rds of his right index finger to a pulley and fan belt.  Well I met him and his lovely wife up at the gate and visited with him about the injury and then again at the motel in Edgewood. One night Billy and Taco Belle we’re down in the lobby with a bunch of other pards and Stubby Pete, a pard from out in California who’s had just about the same injury on his left hand was with me and I introduced him to Billy. I’ve been trying to get Pete to try gunfighter but says that it’s impossible because of that finger missing, well Billy is a pretty dang good gunfighter because he just won FCGF at EOT!!! Pete’s mind may have been changed.

Archived