SASS Wire Forum

EOT, A Daily Journal

Yul Lose

Some of you have asked for daily updates on EOT so I thought it might be interesting to some of you to see what goes on on a daily basis as visitors, participants, vendors, Waddies and workers and Wild Bunch members arrive at the ranch. Over the next week I’ll try to capture as much as I can the people coming to EOT and also feature some pictures of the ranch as it fills up for the World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting.

This year one of my grandsons, Nick The Kid from Sedona, Arizona is accompanying me. He told me this evening at dinner that him and Cody James used to attend the same school and they know each other. Smokestacks wife, Amanda Reckon With and his middle son Hey Kid are already here helping with the millions of things that need to get done and my grandson and I had a very enjoyable dinner at The Pizza Barn, that place does not disappoint. We ran into quite a few other participants there also. Nick The Kid will be working for Hey Kid on the water detail stocking ice and water on all of the shooting bays.

The first picture is of some of the ranch longhorn cattle that were right along the fence on Barton road as we came in this evening, pretty cool.

4F801D46-14D6-460B-AD89-C36F23C9D0CA.jpeg

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This picture is right after you cross the cattle guard coming into the ranch.

4477EAAB-DE0A-41FF-B545-4B37AEE8823C.jpeg

Just down the road is the little building they built about four years ago, I guess, that is pretty much my post for the next seven or eight days. Most of the pictures that I post will be taken from that vicinity. The privy is located on my side of the road this year, Yay!!!

D761A7FC-DB51-4E92-82EB-F79385F0A570.jpeg

This is a shot from the top of the hill and will give you an idea of the RV camping layout as regards the town down at the bottom of the hill. IMO, this is the fullest I’ve ever seen the campground this early, a good sign.

2E7604B5-CAA8-481D-A253-48B71BC51451.jpeg

We’re almost to the bottom of the hill and in this picture you can look down into town and see the Belle Union Saloon, the Big Tent and vendors and vendor tents.

8A06617A-8374-4EF1-9E35-F5B5FAF718EA.jpeg

This is the Mission and this is where the public visitors enter the event when they are dropped off by the people movers or trams that will begin running on Wednesday.

611F18BB-416C-4EA1-B818-9B941ADEB314.jpeg

Thanks for the effort of keeping us connected to the event, in addition to the other stuff!  Glad you have that little shelter, don't think that was there last time I went.

A picture of the RV park  and town early in the morning.

image.jpg

A new EOT side match for all of you pards and ladies that use smokeless tobacco.

image.jpg

Man With No Name, Wiggly Down Yonder and Big Iron Patnode just came through the gate.

Nick The Kid and myself starting the day up at the gate.

image.jpg

Nick The Kid and Hay Kid, his boss, heading off to work filling water jugs with water  and ice.

image.jpg

Barbwire and Zona just stopped by and gifted me with a very nice bottle of scotch,:D:D It's going to be a great week.

image.jpg

I've greeted quite a few folks from Australa this morning and a nice couple from the Netherlands, I love this job!

Shotgun Clay from the shotgun sports next door. He delivered some snacks to go with my coffee.

image.jpg

Well pards my battery is about dead on my phone so I'll take pictures on my iPad and update this evening after the Waddie dinner.

9 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I've greeted quite a few folks from Australa this morning and a nice couple from the Netherlands, I love this job!

It was great to say g'day Yul, see you tomorrow for warm up mate!

Yul, 

Just a note to say THANK YOU!! to you and all of the Waddies for volunteering your time during EOT.I'm sure it wouldn't happen without all of your efforts.

See you tomorrow!!

One of the best thing about working the gate/main ranch entrance is that I get to visit with nearly everyone that is there for EOT. So at times I’m pretty busy and unable to take photos but I was able to take a few today that I haven’t posted yet and I’ll try as much as I can to put names with faces. This is Mrs. Slickshot, she is one of the main Shotgun Sports personnel  located right next door to my post at the gate. She probably passes by about six or seven times a day on her ATV riding side-saddle, no less.

1A950808-0494-4098-8B1D-AA02A4C93462.jpeg

Another benefit of working up there you get to see some pretty cool rides. This gentlemen drove in in this 38 Ford pickup today and we visited quite a bit about his truck. He did a complete frame off restoration and it is absolutely gorgeous.

48E0B17B-5EEF-47E7-9BE8-2A3F17F5D755.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Buck Garrett said:

CYA tomorrow Yul. Pete and I are heading out at o'dark thirty

Safe travels, Buck and Pete. There is a stretch of I40 between Grants and Gallup under construction and we were in a traffic jam for an hour and a half yesterday.

Today and over the next few days there will be quite a few cowboy shooters making the short trip up the hill to the Shotgun Sports to shoot Cowboy Clays. Here’s one group that came by today.

D8FBF1BF-FDDD-4E63-A49E-334318529544.jpeg

Lassiter and two of his kids came by today and stopped to visit with another couple he knew but I’m not sure of their alias’s so I won’t try to guess.

CA71C881-E351-49B8-BCE5-73B9A4DF8167.jpeg

I’m told there are 110 first time EOT shooters this year, that’s great news. Justice Lily Kate spent all day cooking today and all of the Waddies were invited up for dinner today at the Big House and it was wonderful. Before dinner Misty has us all introduce ourselves and tell a little bit about us and there were 10 or 11 new Waddies and that is really good news. 

Every year the camaraderie amongst the Waddies that’s been created since Misty took the helm seems to grow stronger and this year was no exception. It really felt like a family gathering up there at dinner.

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

Couldn't be there this year and look forward to follow this post

Thanks for all you do.

Hells Comin 

You bringing ammo next year?:P

16 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

If you run into Pistol Pete (he is an Aussie) tell him I said he is to slow to be at EOT:P

Howdy Yul

Deadly said he will be there Tues or Wed...luv all the photo's..good to see ya' got a little shack !

Monday morning dawns cloudy, cool and a little rain. Should be a very pleasant day.

image.jpg

Tex just came through on his way to Wild Bunch.

image.jpg

Archived