SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Vendor Appreciation

:FlagAm:Annie and I will be hosting a vendor appreciation dinner Wednesday evening to thank all of you who support matches such as the Tennessee State Championship.  Without vendor attendance and support, matches would not be as fun to attend and in some cases would not exist at all.  

I love to cook so the vittles will be awesome.  We will be leaving Arizona on 28Sept19, so we would appreciate a head count by 22Sept19 so we can plan accordingly.  

This date is also the anniversary of Jack Daniel's untimely death in 1911, so be prepared to hoist a few after dinner in his memory.  Okay, maybe more than a few.

Again, thanks to all of you who add so much to the shooter experience.  Annie and I are looking forward to having a great time with you all. 

Regards,

Chas B. Wolfson and Apple Annie :D

OutLaw Bullets

Klassic Laserworks

Bullets by Scarlett

Hit More Steele

Denham's

CSA Bullets

Slater

High Cotton Kitty

Custom Knives

Club Board Members

and spouses?-13

I don't believe the proprietor of Outlaw Bullets EVER passed by a free meal!

Throw in adult beverages and he may never leave:lol:!

So much fun writing about myself as if I'm not here.:lol:

Where might you be hosting said event? That is a very kind offer by the way. Vendors seem to get taken for granted at many venues.

25 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Outlaw Bullets - 2

Is there anything I can bring in the line of food or drink?

:FlagAm:Annie and I are doing this to say thank you to all of you.  Just bring a healthy appetite and there might just be an adult libation or two.

I will ask to help spread the word so all vendors attending the match have the opportunity to join in.  Again, we will be leaving AZ on 28Sept19 so would like to have a head count by 22Sept19 to properly plan.

Chas B and Apple Annie:P

Chas & Annie know how to cook! This dinner will go down very well, pun intended. Hey all of you potential vendors, if a great State Championship  match with well over 200 shooters and lots of spectators wasn't enough to get you to Wartrace here are the top five reasons you should attend:

5. Papa Dave will be there

4. We'll treat so many different ways your bound to like one of them.

3. You get your money's worth on Thursday and the rest of the match is then free!

2. Whiskey Hayes runs a well oiled machine. The oil gets distributed Friday night after the guns are stowed.

1. Did I mention Papa Dave?

2 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Chas & Annie know how to cook! This dinner will go down very well, pun intended. Hey all of you potential vendors, if a great State Championship  match with well over 200 shooters and lots of spectators wasn't enough to get you to Wartrace here are the top five reasons you should attend:

5. Papa Dave will be there

4. We'll treat so many different ways your bound to like one of them.

3. You get your money's worth on Thursday and the rest of the match is then free!

2. Whiskey Hayes runs a well oiled machine. The oil gets distributed Friday night after the guns are stowed.

1. Did I mention Papa Dave?

You must be referring to the special J.D. Oil.

Randy

IMG_2392.thumb.JPG.9ea40f009362c0f5dcd131667d5dfd6e.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

:FlagAm:Any other vendors attending the TN State Championship who would like to join the appreciation dinner, today is the head count cut off date.

We are looking forward to another great time in TN.  It is as warm there as here in AZ, what gives?

Chas and Annie:P

Chas, High Cotton Kitty will be there, I am assuming with a plus one.Me and Frank are working on the whistle lube. I meant to take a picture yesterday, your tree is gone! Duck River Electric made us take it down.

Safe travels and see y'all soon, Chickamauga

13 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Chas, I'll be there to see you and Annie, you ready to move here yet?

Randy

:FlagAm:Looking forward to seeing you and the whole gang again.  Moving plans in the works.  Annie retiring in FEB20.  I had to fire Home Depot about five weeks ago.  For the past six years my vacation time to come to TN was approved.  This year, store manager denied my vacation request.  Being that part of the reason for making our trip is to celebrate our wedding anniversary which falls within the time of the match.  This year is number 42.  With Annie older than me and I am 63, how many more will we be able to celebrate.  Not trying to be morbid, just realistic.  The job was not important enough for me to work those three weeks with Annie sitting home.  Her vacation is set in stone for the entire year at the beginning of FEB.  I told the mamager that if I was not getting my vacation, why was I going to work a week of overnights in preparation of inventory, work inventory and then prepare for Black Friday.  Bye.  I had almost nine years, ran three different departments successfully.  Too bad it ended this way, but new doors will open.  

Coming back to TN is one of best things we have ever done.  No family, no roots, but we feel at home there.

All the best and see ya soon,

Chas :D

:FlagAm:I was a young snip at 19 years old the first time I laid eyes on Annie.  I did not even know her name but knew then and there that this was the person I was to spend my life with.  I have been truly blessed in more ways than I can count or even imagine.  Annie is an amazing woman and partner.  Long story, but I never asked her out on a first date but told her that we were going out on Friday night, be ready.  And she was except for shoes.  And I never asked her to marry me.  She was coming over on Valentines Day night for dinner.  I has bought an engagement ring that afternoon.  I placed the ring box on the platter of my stereo turntable and closed the dust lid.  Plan was to have her put on an album after dinner.  As luck would have it, Annie brought me Steve Miller Fly Like An Eagle as a Valentines present.  After dinner, I asked here to put the record on so we could listen to it.  She walked over, picked up the dust cover and saw the ring box.  She looked at me, looked at the box, looked at me, opened the box, looked at me, picked up the ring and put it on her finger.  I never actually asked her to marry me.  It was understood.  Married 14Oct77.  Best day of my life.  I would not be half the person I am today if Annie had not been in my life.

Enough sentimentality,

Chas B:wub:    

Archived