SASS Wire Forum

Coffin shaped gun case

Sarge

I would like to build a gun case to hold 6 long guns and 4 handguns that I can wheel around and load in the back of my pickup.  Tired of making all those trips up and down stairs.  I don't want to just make a wood crate, I'd like to make it coffin shaped to scale.  I searched the internet and didn't see any plans or dimensions for a project like this.  Has anyone tackled a similar project?  Looking for dimensions and photos to work from.  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Alas, they are both deceased. They had several B) gun carts.

Pyrite and Pure Gold, RIP. :wub: 

Pure Gold and Pyrite Gun Cart.jpg

Allie Mo, there symbolic meaning behind that knotted rope?

4 hours ago, Cemetery said:

Allie Mo, there symbolic meaning behind that knotted rope?

Some individuals wet them, or light them on fire, to beat others at random. For enjoyment.

Some people shove 'em places. For enjoyment.

Still others like to hold them up , just to make folks wonder what in tarnation it all means.  Also for enjoyment.

There is a very small percentage of individuals who soak them in hot sauce and use them for suspenders. For practical reasons.

So I guess the hidden meaning of a knotted rope is mainly just simple enjoyment and happy times-practicality aside.

Maybe we can make a new category for SASS: Knotted Rope Cowboy: The shooter gets beaten with a knotted rope, or whipped, at every stage. The one with the lowest score, and two handed shooters, have to run the gauntlet at the end of the match while everyone else beats them with knotted ropes and cacti.

:D

FaceWhip.gif

WhipCatWoman.gif

DEVOWHIP.gif

IndianBloodface.gif

They used to put a knotted rope in the coffin with vampires because vampires can't resist untying a knot.  So when they awoke, they'd spend eternity trying to unknot the rope instead of rising and feeding.  At some point they just started putting the knotted rope into all coffins just in case.  Whether they were dressed as victorian vampire hunters or victorian morticians, (my first 2 guesses) that explanation would fit. 

The ropes were initially called the rope of a thousand knots, or something like that.  But that eventually became a more reasonable 13 knots, which is how many appear to be in that rope. 

That's an awesome persona.  I wish I could have met them. 

20 hours ago, Sarge said:

I would like to build a gun case to hold 6 long guns and 4 handguns that I can wheel around and load in the back of my pickup.  Tired of making all those trips up and down stairs.  I don't want to just make a wood crate, I'd like to make it coffin shaped to scale.  I searched the internet and didn't see any plans or dimensions for a project like this.  Has anyone tackled a similar project?  Looking for dimensions and photos to work from.  Thanks in advance.

Maybe this will help.

You can make the coffin first, and then figure out fitting the guns before finalizing the gluing etc.

Just adapt the measurements as needed.

Another way is to cut the pieces out of cardboard first and adjust them as necessary. That'll be cheaper than messing up using wood.

coffin-plans.jpg

CoffinPlans2.jpg

3 hours ago, Bisley Joe said:

Maybe this will help.

You can make the coffin first, and then figure out fitting the guns before finalizing the gluing etc.

Just adapt the measurements as needed.

Another way is to cut the pieces out of cardboard first and adjust them as necessary. That'll be cheaper than messing up using wood.

coffin-plans.jpg

CoffinPlans2.jpg

You Da Man!  Exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you.

21 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Probably. However, I never heard either of them speak of it.

Here's a link to some meanings of a Knotted Rope. http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/knotted_rope.html

Oh Boy, that rope with knots was a tool of measurement for Undertakers!!

8 hours ago, Sarge said:

You Da Man!  Exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you.

You're welcome sir! Glad I could be of service!

Archived