SASS Wire Forum

Shooting other sports.

Attica Jack  #23953

I shoot sporting Clays, f class mid and long range rifle, bullseye pistol, and plan to shoot Wild Bunch soon. The cowboy action is the most fun for me. 

Wild Bunch...trap/sporting clays...Steel Challenge, mostly .22's semi-auto Rugers or variety different models 8, 9, or 10 shot .22 revolvers...USPSA, variety of Glocks, 1911's, sometimes 8 shot S & W revolver...GADPA (IDPA), mostly conceal carry 7-8 shot revolvers, sometimes Glock 9mm.

RRR

2 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Steel Challenge!  I've shot it with my Vaqeros, with my lever rifle, a Ruger 10/22, a Ruger 22/45, and a Springfield 1911.

Steel Challenge with a lever gun sounds fun!!

3 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Steel Challenge!  I've shot it with my Vaqeros, with my lever rifle, a Ruger 10/22, a Ruger 22/45, and a Springfield 1911.

At our range, The Steel Challenge is shot 600, 700, 800, 900 and a 1,000 yards.  None of my Cowboy Guns will work.

Along with Cowboy Shooting and Long Range I belong to a 1,000 Yard Range.  We shoot Bench Rest .22s, Ground Hog Shoots (out to 300 yards), Steel Plate Challenge, Turkey Shoots, 1,000 Yard Shoots, etc.

Steel Challenge in a variety of categories (single stack gets me 1911 practice, PCC, Limited), Wild Bunch, Sporting Clays, Trap though this year shooting a LOT of CAS matches so the others are a bit light.

Like Doc I’ve shot Steel Challenge with my cowboy guns. It was fun, but that match conflicts with a SASS match so I’ve only done it a few times. There’s a stage with a target right up the middle but a ways back. The people shooting the stage got a kick out of the pause between my ‘bang’ and ‘clang’ shooting SASS loads.

i still shoot trap and sporting clays tho not much good any more and some steel plate , i used to shoot three gun - never very well , but i got too old to keep up , im shooting a little bench rest 22 but its a challenge with all these young shooters doing so well , so i just participate most times - im good with that , i just want to shoot , 

Before starting CAS in 2004, I had shot trap, DCM/CMP, .22 metric prone, bullseye and IPSC.  I hope to start shooting trap again soon.  Only thing that I was better than average shooting.

BPCR

Wild Bunch

Tried GSSF a couple times. Boring.

Shot Bullseye casually for a couple years about 45 years ago with a stock Mk IV Series 70 and a Ruger 678 with a factory Ruger brake.

I have the guns to try modern 3 gun, but nothing else. As a rule, I can't hit **** with a shotgun though, so...

Maybe try Zoot Shooting someday too. If I don't run out of somedays first.

Archived