SASS Wire Forum

SOLD - Beretta 92 Magazines (total of 7)

Used these a few times with a Chiappa M1-9 carbine. Decided the M1-9 is a POS and am parting out the magazines. They are OEM 3-15's, 2-20's, and 2-30's in excellent condition. Will ship via USPS flat rate insured for $110. First "I'll take them" gets them. Accept PayPal, check, and USPS MO.

Trigger Mike - The Chiappa M1-9 worked fine with the OEM 10 rd magazines and with Beretta 92 - 15 & 20 rounders. It choked on Beretta 30 rounders. My guess is the springs in these magazines are so stiff that they push the next round so strongly under the round being chambered that it pops up over the chamber = jamsville. I tried S&B ammo which is more powerful than the Remington I was using; still failed. I was using the Chiappa in both ASI & Kahr carbine matches. The last ASI match was a bummer as had 3 jams in 7 rounds. The club earlier had stages with a max of 18 rounds before a reload, no problems. This time they went with 24 rounds. Was a disaster. Life is too short to be frustrated. I'm getting a Ruger PC 9 which uses Glock magazines. Will get rid of the Chiappa, either as a trade or sell it cheaply with a warning to the new owner.

It was extremely accurate with excellent iron sights. I like it, except for the jamming issues.   

I was originally using Blazer Brass, then Remington green box. The 30 rounders jammed with both. Tried the S&B's, same thing. I'm thinking that I'll just rent a Ruger at the indoor range where I shoot ASI. If it works OK, might buy one, or most likely just spend $15 extra per match for a rental. They only have one match a month.

Another good source of ammo that works constantly is georgia-arms.com.  I have used them for years and the secret rumor is that they provide the ammo for a large portion of Georgia's police department's under a different name.  I have decided that I will never buy another box of seller and bellot.  

Archived