SASS Wire Forum

Note to Self:

DocWard

It may not be advisable at my age and in my current physical condition to run three miles, then immediately drive to go to karate sparring class for an hour. My legs were tired after. Today, I think Jello may be made of stouter stuff. I didn't think I was going to make it into my truck, or out of my truck and up to the court house.

My brain thinks I'm 18, my body wants to slap my brain silly.

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

It may not be advisable at my age and in my current physical condition to run three miles, then immediately drive to go to karate sparring class for an hour. My legs were tired after. Today, I think Jello may be made of stouter stuff. I didn't think I was going to make it into my truck, or out of my truck and up to the court house.

My brain thinks I'm 18, my body wants to slap my brain silly.

Hmmm....Maybe that's my problem. :D

I think I'm 25 'til I look in the mirror. :rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

I am 25. Twice!

I am also, plus three.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

If you're that old and still able to run three miles then go do karate you're doing a helluva lot better than a lot of guys half your age. B)

I agree, but it's the rest of them I'm trying to stay ahead of!

24 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Sheesh! It gets "old" to hear read all of you "kids" complaining about how old you are.

I was only partially complaining about how old I am. More so about not recognizing, or perhaps caring about, the limitations that come with my age and my current physical condition. More of a "what was I thinking" complaint!

If it helps, my instructor just turned 74, and I am constantly amazed by him. He doesn't look or move like your typical 74 year old! I am pretty sure if he were to slip into his sparring gear, he could still take me.

5 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

17.5, just did it 4 times

Imis

You don't look 70. I'd have guessed 59-63; could be the hat throwing me off though ;)

11 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Its not the age its the mileage.;)

I used to say that. Now I'm getting to the point it is both.

I went sparring again today. Me, and two other senior brown belts were the only three that were there. A good solid warm up, followed by nearly an hour of sparring bouts. Rotating in and out meant two minutes of sparring followed by a one minute rest, then another two minutes and a three minute breather, more or less. All more advanced brown belts, all going at it as full tilt as the rules allow. Maybe a bit more... It's going to be a night heavy on the pain reliever and IcyHot.

I know I'm too old for this stuff, but I think I enjoy it more now than I did twenty years ago!

I boxed a shadow today. He won.

12 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I boxed a shadow today. He won.

I've had those days. Those shadows seem to anticipate my every move!

Archived