SASS Wire Forum

Today sucked

Utah Bob #35998

Both the wife and I had Dr’s appointments this morning. Got about a mile from the house and had a flat. Tried a can of fix a flat. Didn’t work. Goo came out the side of the hose. Drove slooowly back to the house (back roads.no problem). Got in the truck and had to take a very long roundabout route due to them closing the road we take that leads from our place to the highway. Then 10 miles down the road they were resurfacing the highway and we sat in line for a long time. Had to push the accelerator a bit to get to town on time.

Carol’s appointment went fine. Mine, not so much.

Surgery coming up. That put the kibosh on shooting Revenge of Montezuma this weekend and some VFW stuff next week. :(

Now to get the flat fixed in the morning. 35 miles down to Big O tires.

Meh!

Finally getting that vacectomy Bob?

Sorry. Couldn't stop myself.

Fix a Flat sucks. Works sometimes but always a pain for the tire guys. 

Well, that all just bites.  

Best of luck to you on tires and surgery ~ 'specially the surgery!  

Meanwhile, take Doc J-Bar's advice to heart!  :)

I hope it is nothing major. You will, of course, be in my thoughts and meditations.

I hate those kind of days.  Seems like we all have one of those now and then.  Good luck and prayers for you.

Days like that are meant to humble us. Roll with it. Sorry to hear of the surgery and wish you a speedy and full recovery. 

and flat tires are the worst.....

Good luck with the surgery.

Fix-a-Flat? Believe it or not a lot of new cars no longer even come with spare tires, and they just give you a cheap DC-operated pump and a can of glorified Fix-a-Flat in the trunk. When I asked the dealer he said that cars leave out the spare tire now to save weight and increase fuel mileage. Bravo Sierra! It's a cost-cutting measure, and they figure most people use AAA or something like On Star anyway. The first thing I did after buying my car was get a proper spare tire, and it saved my bacon one night right after work when I ran over something that sliced right through my tire.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Good luck with the surgery.

Fix-a-Flat? Believe it or not a lot of new cars no longer even come with spare tires, and they just give you a cheap DC-operated pump and a can of glorified Fix-a-Flat in the trunk. When I asked the dealer he said that cars leave out the spare tire now to save weight and increase fuel mileage. Bravo Sierra! It's a cost-cutting measure, and they figure most people use AAA or something like On Star anyway. The first thing I did after buying my car was get a proper spare tire, and it saved my bacon one night right after work when I ran over something that sliced right through my tire.

I do have a spare but as we were running late I tried a quick fix....which turned out to be neither quick nor a fix.

I would rather have 50 flat tires than 1 surgery! Hope you have a quick recovery and get back to shooting and changing flats soon! And VERY few flats at that!    SCJ

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What UB:huh:-The Lobotomy didn't work the first time? :lol:

OLG

Didn’t take. To hard to get through the thick skull. :lol:

UB,   I pray the Lord will bless you and pull you through your surgery.   Cheers,  Hoss C.

Archived