SASS Wire Forum

"Lawman" Western

Trailrider #896

I guess when this series was playing in the late '50's, I missed it.  It starred John Russell as Marshal Dan Troup and Peter Brown as Deputy Johnny McKay.  It was a half-hour show, and they are playing episodes back-to-back on STZWS.  Some interesting stories.  What ever happened to the actors? 

Yep two episodes every afternoon on the Western Channel.

John Russell had an active and varied acting career in Movies and several TV series. 

After Lawman Peter Brown stared on Laredo. Then he went on to soap operas and roles on many TV series. Last role was in Hell to Pay. 

Peggie Castle was in a lot of B movies and serials before landing the part of Lily in Lawman. After Lawman she had a bit part in the Virginian series. She quit acting in 1966, eventually becoming an alcoholic and dying from cirrhosis of the liver at 45

6 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I guess when this series was playing in the late '50's, I missed it.  It starred John Russell as Marshal Dan Troup and Peter Brown as Deputy Johnny McKay.  It was a half-hour show, and they are playing episodes back-to-back on STZWS.  Some interesting stories.  What ever happened to the actors? 

Russell was still alive in 1978 when he was one of the guest speakers at out Marine Corps Ball on the Queen Mary.  The other guest was a guy named John McCain.  

I wonder what happened to both of them after that.

I remember John Russell as Tim Kelly and Chick Chandler as Toubo Smith in Soldiers of Fortune back in "55 to "57....the sponsor was 7 Up, the soft drink.

Pale Rider

That series is why I generally referred to my law enforcement experience with the term "Lawman."

Archived