SASS Wire Forum

Tuesday July 16 update; Prayers for Noz; , scroll down.

J-BAR #18287

Just so long as ol' Noz don't get Nurse Rached!! :ph34r: :o  I can see catastrophe in that encounter!!  :lol: :lol:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More prayers for him and his family.  Hoping for continued improvement and back to normal soon.

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Just so long as ol' Noz don't get Nurse Rached!! :ph34r: :o  I can see catastrophe in that encounter!!  :lol: :lol:

I heard a rumor she quit the nursing profession and became a CIA operative with a specialty in 

waterboarding.   The Afghans nicknamed her Queen Godzilla..... :o

..........Widder

20 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I heard a rumor she quit the nursing profession and became a CIA operative with a specialty in 

waterboarding.   The Afghans nicknamed her Queen Godzilla..... :o

..........Widder

Widder, That's totally false..... she's a roving substitute agent for an unknown state auto license office. :ph34r::wacko:

I guess I better reserve a hospital room now.  I didn’t fall and I don’t know Day it is.  Was today tomorrow yesterday?  Will today be yesterday tomorrow?  Will tomorrow be today the day after yesterday?  Get better soon Noz, I need a smart feller to answer these questions for me!

We’re back to the top!!  How’s our big buddy doing!!

20 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

We’re back to the top!!  How’s our big buddy doing!!

Thank you Blackwater and everyone else for your continued interest, concerns, and prayers.   I will share the impressions I get from brief daily visits to Noz's hospital room and from discussions with his wife and son.  His hospital is about a mile from my home, and I stick my head in his room for a few minutes a day.  I was reluctant to update the thread without being able to report significant change one way or the other.  But, since you asked...

The good news is that he does not appear to be in danger or getting worse,  He is still in the hospital under observation 24/7 by hospital personnel in his room.  He sleeps a lot, partly because they have to keep him on medication to control periods of agitation.  He often tries to remove IVs and EKG leads, and sometimes tries to get out of bed on his own, so he has someone in his room to keep him from harming himself.  His wife and son also stay with him around the clock, spelling each other on 12 hours shifts. He has been able to walk a bit with assistance, but is not ready to navigate on his own.  He can feed himself but sometimes refuses food.  When he talks he is frequently incoherent, doesn't make much sense.  Sometimes he appears to be searching for a word, then closes his eyes and nods off to sleep.  His son told me he spoke in German the other day (Noz was posted to Germany while he was in the Army.)  He recognizes his wife and son and family members.  He has never called me by name, and frequently says he does not know who I am.  He appears to have stabilized at this level of function.

There is just no telling how long this may go on.  With a traumatic brain injury like this he could suddenly snap back to normal, or it could take a very long time.  To my knowledge they are not yet talking about discharging him from the hospital.

Everyone's prayers mean a lot to his family.  Here's hoping it won't be long before Noz can thank you all himself.

Thanks, J-Bar for keeping us updated.

We love Noz.

He is a character among a cast of characters.:lol:

We look forward to seeing him on the range again soon.

Waimea

Thanks, J Bar.  Please keep us informed.  I intend to come out there to visit/look in on him sometime shortly after Black Gold.

Again! Tell the family that we are praying for them all and that if we can help in any way to let us know!

Thank you again for passing along all the news.

I'll keep him in my devotions and think about how quickly things can change for any one of us.

Prayers continuing up for you Noz and your family and friends. "Get well Sir"

I'm getting here to send out thoughts and prayers a little later than I'd like.  Lady Fingers and I have been praying for Noz and family since we first heard of his  fall.  We will keep our good friend Noz in our thoughts and prayers right up to and through his recovery.  

Congratulations on your receiving a Regulator's badge Noz.  It was long overdue. 

Fingers (show Me MO Smoke) McGee

Tuesday, July 2 Update:

Well, Folks, it looks like your prayers and good wishes are helping!  :)

Monday's visit looked encouraging, with Noz smiling when he saw me come into the room.  He was joking with his son and granddaughter and the nurses who were in there while eating some breakfast.  I did not post anything at that time because I was afraid it might be temporary.

Today's visit was even better.  He explained to his nurse that I was an old friend, called me by name, he remembered I have a cat named "Book" and told his nurses about my cat.  And he asked me to bring him some Irish Whiskey, which got a laugh all around!!  There is still some confusion; he thinks he is in the hospital because he was in a car wreck.  He was in fact in a car wreck several years ago, so that is really a pretty good rationalization.  He has no memory of his fall yet.  And of course he may never recover that incident.

The folks attending him say that if his improvement continues, he could be moved to a rehab facility near the hospital in about a week.  So he still has a long trail to ride, but he is heading in the right direction!

Keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers, and thanks.

Damn good news!!  Just for that, I’ll be offering up another round of prayers!!

Good news J-Bar, Prayers still goin up for a complete recovery.

Thanks for the update and good news J-Bar.  I knew his hard head would win out.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee 

35 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Great news!!

I guess my old altar boy skills can come in handy now and then!

Lighting a candle.

Dang J-Bar, I was gone for over 3 weeks and did not know about this. If I had known while I was down there last Thursday would have gotten with ya and maybe between the two of us could have taken him out to get that Irish Whisky. Or at least brought him a bottle. Prayers will be going up for him and the family. Keep us updated and thanks.

J-Bar - next time ya go to visit Noz take a rag with BP residue on it & give him a sniff. Bet cha he'll perk up & grin like a Cheshire cat !

Give him my best wishes ......

8 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

J-Bar - next time ya go to visit Noz take a rag with BP residue on it & give him a sniff. Bet cha he'll perk up & grin like a Cheshire cat !

Give him my best wishes ......

Aw HELL!!  Just rub a little Balistol on his noggin where the knot is!!

Archived