SASS Wire Forum

Tuesday July 16 update; Prayers for Noz; , scroll down.

J-BAR #18287

SUNDAY JULY 7 UPDATE:

Finally, after nearly a month's stay in the hospital, tomorrow Noz will be transferred to a Rehab facility just a couple of blocks away from the main hospital.

I visited him this morning.  He was sitting up in his chair, just finished breakfast, talkative.  IVs and EKG leads have been removed.  He is much less disoriented than just a week ago.  He says it is hard for him to realize how long he has been hospitalized, thinking by his internal clock that it has only been a few days, but he realizes that it has in fact been much longer than that.  And of course, being able to accept that he is sometimes confused and is now accepting other folks' version of his situation is a dramatic improvement.  He understands that he will be in rehab for a while and he is looking forward to that as a big step closer to going home.  His son Eric has been with him for several days around the clock and deserves a couple of extra stars in his crown.  Lorrie needed a break, understandably, and has been getting some much needed rest at home over the weekend.  I asked for permission to update his friends on the Wire and he is grateful for the continuing prayers.

I will make sure Noz reads this whole thread.  There is no doubt that your love and support are helping him recover.  Thank you.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, J- Bar!!  That hard noggin will stand him in good stead when he begins rehab!! He sets his mind to a comeback and Katy bar the door!!!  B)

Thanks for the update J-Bar. I guess you will have a better chance at the State Black Powder shoot as Frontiersman at the end of the month. Hope to see you there. Does Noz have a preference on that Irish Whisky? And a rag full of burnt black powder sounds like a great idea!

1 hour ago, Smoken D said:

Thanks for the update J-Bar. I guess you will have a better chance at the State Black Powder shoot as Frontiersman at the end of the month. Hope to see you there. Does Noz have a preference on that Irish Whisky? And a rag full of burnt black powder sounds like a great idea!

I guess you will have to be the Frontiersman this year.  My thumbs no longer permit shooting Duelist style competitively.   I will be a geezer in Frontier Cartridge Category, although I may go ahead and use percussion revolvers in that category as well.

After considerable experimentation, I can state that, at least before his accident, I could never find an Irish Whiskey OR a Scotch that Noz would refuse.  Jamison's is probably his most frequent choice.  I'm hoping we can toast his return to home after they kick him out of rehab!  :D

If you can find it, Powers' is one that he liked a lot.  I've heard it's out of production and like J-Bar said, he ain't likely to turn it down!!  Turn it up??  You betcha'!!

2 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Glad to hear of progress.

+1.  Prayers continue.

Prayers will continue! And believe me, I understand completely the frustration at being disoriented, memory issues, etc. Mine has improved a lot, so I pray his does as well

Hey! J-Bar!!  Tell Noz that we’re missing him at Black Gold and there’s another round of prayers for him going out from here!!

Wish you both was here!!

That's good news. hang in there Noz thoughts & prayers still out there for yah pilgrim.

I just returned from a visit with Noz, got to see him in therapy for a few minutes.

Great news!  They are planning to send him home on Thursday, two days from today!!  He will continue his improvement with outpatient therapy for who knows how long, but this is a bright light at the end of a very long tunnel.  It will probably be a while before he (and his doctors) are comfortable with him shooting again, but we talked about attending the Missouri State Blackpowder Match on July 27 as an observer, and his therapist said it was a possibility!  He needs some support when walking these days, it is just going to take some more time.

I read him today's posts as part of his therapy.  I asked him if he remembered Blackwater and Jackrabbit Joe?  He replied, "God, who could forget them!"

Then I read him your posts and told him I was going to come back tomorrow and see if he remembered the posts.  He appreciated your comments. So you guys are helping with his therapy.

You all have been a great bunch of pards.  I know this thread will mean a lot to Noz.

Great to hear!  I’ll spread the good news at Black Gold!!!

2 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I just returned from a visit with Noz, got to see him in therapy for a few minutes.

Great news!  They are planning to send him home on Thursday, two days from today!!  He will continue his improvement with outpatient therapy for who knows how long, but this is a bright light at the end of a very long tunnel.  It will probably be a while before he (and his doctors) are comfortable with him shooting again, but we talked about attending the Missouri State Blackpowder Match on July 27 as an observer, and his therapist said it was a possibility!  He needs some support when walking these days, it is just going to take some more time.

I read him today's posts as part of his therapy.  I asked him if he remembered Blackwater and Jackrabbit Joe?  He replied, "God, who could forget them!"

Then I read him your posts and told him I was going to come back tomorrow and see if he remembered the posts.  He appreciated your comments. So you guys are helping with his therapy.

You all have been a great bunch of pards.  I know this thread will mean a lot to Noz.

Tell Noz Billy Boots said to get CAC and be security guard over chickens and new addition to stage one, a little turkey.  Don't any chicken and turkey rustler lurking.

So glad he is better.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Great News J-Bar. Tell him I could really use some back-up cheering since I will be shooting Frontiersman at the State Black Powder Shoot at the end of July there at the Southern Missouri Rangers Range. Yep, could use all the help I could get!:lol:

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Yo J-Bar thanks for the posts pilgrim about ole Noz. Can't keep that ole pelican down. Will keep those thoughts & prayers going out for him.

Jackrabbit Joe

Sounds like Noz may be gettin' back to his ole ornery self.:lol:

Waimea says Howdy and I got some 157's for him when he's feeling better.

Been out at Black Gold for a week!!  Many prayers for our buddy were shared.

What’s the latest?

13 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Been out at Black Gold for a week!!  Many prayers for our buddy were shared.

What’s the latest?

He is home now.  He will have outpatient therapy in Springfield, about a 45 minute drive, three days a week, for however long... I think they will be working on memory and balance issues.  His wife and son will provide transportation as he has not yet been cleared for driving by the doctor.  He was very relieved to be home.  I expect he will pay me a visit sometime this week.  He called me on the phone several days ago and he sounds good.  

Thanks for the continuing support!!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived