SASS Wire Forum

Tuesday July 16 update; Prayers for Noz; , scroll down.

J-BAR #18287

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Friday, 6/14 update:

I saw Noz in the hospital today. He has improved.  He is conscious and carrying on a conversation easily.  It was a nasty bump.

He asked me to thank everyone for their prayers and concerns.

That's great!

I knew it would take more than a mere bump on the head to keep a Frontiersman down!

What’s the latest on my brother, Noz??

39 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

What’s the latest on my brother, Noz??

Saw him today.  This was a significant injury, caused by falling on his porch.  He is still in the hospital because he is occasionally disoriented.  He can talk, feed himself, looks to me like he has ok coordination when he takes hold of something, so I did not see any motor problems, but sometimes he can't tell you what day it is.  I expect he will remain under observation for a few more days at least.

Obligations in my own family will keep me from visiting for a few days.  I will try to give another update later in the week.

Noz's family has been reading this thread, and they appreciate the prayers and support.

Get better quick, Noz!!  There’s beverages to be consumed and prevarications to create!!

Get well soon Noz.

We miss you around here.

By the way. Any damage to the porch?

Stirthepot2.gif

WHAT’S THE LATEST????

Prayers up Noz, from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line

Thanks to you all for your continued concern.  I have been away for a funeral, will return on Friday.  I will try to get by to see Noz Friday night and post an update.  His family has not contacted me while I have been gone, so I’m hoping no news is good news.

I appreciate you folks very much.

Praying for ya, Noz.

Hope you are feeling better real soon, Noz.

Maybe we can tip "one" at Black Gold.

There's a reason for falling down.

Waimea

1 hour ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Thanks to you all for your continued concern.  I have been away for a funeral, will return on Friday.  I will try to get by to see Noz Friday night and post an update.  His family has not contacted me while I have been gone, so I’m hoping no news is good news.

I appreciate you folks very much.

We appreciate that Noz has a very good friend that looks in on him and lets us know how he is doing.

Well, this might cheer Noz up:

I just watched the reading of new Regulators at EOT and from Missouri, Noz!!!

10 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Well, this might cheer Noz up:

I just watched the reading of new Regulators at EOT and from Missouri, Noz!!!

Wow!  What terrific therapy! I’m sure he will be as grateful as he is surprised!

On behalf of my friend, sincere thanks for the honor.

Informed by text message that Noz has improved enough to leave ICU, and is now in a “regular” hospital room.  I’m still hoping to visit him later today.

Tell him I said to get off of his duff!!  Black Gold is only four weeks away!!

I just hope he's getting better!!

prayers continue up for NOZ, family, and caregivers...

Just got back from the hospital.  Noz has indeed been moved out of the Neurotrauma ICU (where he has been since the accident on June 9) to a private room in the Neurotrauma unit.  I spoke with Miss Lorrie since Noz was sleeping when I visited today.  (She and their son have been attending him around the clock since the accident.)   The physical therapist is making him walk the halls for some exercise; he needs to use a walker for support.  He is eating OK.   He talks a lot when he is awake, mostly stories about old friends who have long since passed away.  She reports he has no memory of his accident, and still shows some disorientation about where he is.   The doctors tell her it could be months before he has completely recovered.

So it looks like this is going to take a while.  Blackwater, I would love to be wrong but I don't think you can count on him for this year's Black Gold.

Noz lives about 45 miles from the hospital where he is presently under observation.  I'm sure Miss Lorrie and their son Eric are eager to return him to home care as soon as his improvement will allow.  His hospital is close to my home so I will be visiting often and will continue updates as he improves.

Your prayers and support mean a lot to the family and his extended posse.  Thank you!

J-Bar!  The Black Gold thing, at this point, is just an encouragement for him. A goal to shoot for.  When I got the news that he'd been injured, I figured it would keep him out of the show.

I'm still fighting the foot problem and he's been one of my biggest supporters, offering encouragement and scolding me when I get too rowdy.  We had both hoped to get back together, each of us a little healthier, and Black Gold was the aiming point.  Tell him I'm rooting for him and I'll keep him in my prayers.

If I can, I'll get out there to see him after Black Gold.  I'm committed to personal and family things 'til then.  He has my phone numbers.  Tell Miss Lorrie that if she needs anything or just needs to talk that she can call me.  If he feels up to it, Noz can do the same!!

J.Bar:  thanks for all the updates and checking up on Noz for all of us.

NOZ:  Just letting you know MANY of us have you in our Prayers for a good recovery and well being.

And also, a hearty congratulations on your Regulator status.   

P.S. - when big Matilda (the midnight nurse) comes into your room and leans over you to adjust your pillow,

please don't pucker and start smacking your lips.   Matilda has never been fond of lip smackin but

would rather you give her a little 'charmin' squeeze.   She'll bring you an extra bowl of ice cream.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up..... :D

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

P.S. - when big Matilda (the midnight nurse) comes into your room and leans over you to adjust your pillow,

please don't pucker and start smacking your lips. 

Funny thing—Noz’s son Eric said that when a brunette nurse comes into his room he calls her “Wicked Falina”.  Go figure!  

:D

Matilda or Wicked Falina are probably the nurses that are assigned to making sure that you are getting a good night's sleep.

And they wake you up a half dozen times to make double sure you are.:lol:

Archived