SASS Wire Forum

Manly Soap For Manly Men

Subdeacon Joe

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

A GS 12 in Procurement owned stock in P&G and Unilever.

Now that makes sense! :D

18 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Me. Liquid soap leaves me leaving slimy. I do use it at our farm since bar soap doesn't work with gyp water.

JHC

Speaking of slimy, I'll tell you about slimy. I recently stayed with a relative. She used softener on her towels, provided Dove soap in the guest bath, and used an, IMO, excess of softener in her water.

I get an allergic reaction to many colognes, perfumes and scented soaps. Irish Spring is the most noticeable.  I about go into a neurological system shutdown almost immediately. 

I felt bad about not visiting more and longer with my mother but her house reeked with strong smell of the laundry soap and strips she put in the dryer.  Then she would splash on a lot of perfume.  

Uno used to LOVE Irish spring.  He would buy many bars at a time at Fedco or Costco.  Unfortunately, we found out rather quickly I'm allergic.  Really allergic.  He had to stop buying it and donated the remaining bars.  We use unscented soap now.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:57 PM, Calamity Kris said:

Uno used to LOVE Irish spring.  He would buy many bars at a time at Fedco or Costco.  Unfortunately, we found out rather quickly I'm allergic.  Really allergic.  He had to stop buying it and donated the remaining bars.  We use unscented soap now.

Someone told me that Irish Spring repels rats and mice. So, I bought the big pack at Costco and put it all over our house and my trailer. So far, knock on wood, no critters in the trailer. There have been critters in the house. We are not sure that the kitties didn't bring them in.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:49 AM, Warden Callaway said:

I get an allergic reaction to many colognes, perfumes and scented soaps. Irish Spring is the most noticeable.  I about go into a neurological system shutdown almost immediately. 

I felt bad about not visiting more and longer with my mother but her house reeked with strong smell of the laundry soap and strips she put in the dryer.  Then she would splash on a lot of perfume.  

My wife was allergic to lots of scents and lanolin and other stuff.  Not to Camay.  That's why we started using it

3 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Ivory Soap...99 and 44/100 percent pure! B)

"And it floats."

So did Pride of the Rockies bar soap, made by Dunwoody Brothers in Denver, almost thirty years before Ivory was introduced.

There's your history lesson for the week.

4 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Someone told me that Irish Spring repels rats and mice. So, I bought the big pack at Costco and put it all over our house and my trailer. So far, knock on wood, no critters in the trailer. There have been critters in the house. We are not sure that the kitties didn't bring them in.

Also dryer sheets

On 6/12/2019 at 10:30 AM, Sixgun Seamus said:

Soap....Shmoap.....I go down to the creek and beat myself on the rocks.:P

That explains so many things!:ph34r::D

Archived