SASS Wire Forum

What A Weird Morning

Yul Lose

This morning as I’m getting ready to go to the gym for some weight work my wife calls, she had just left for work, and told me that there was a car hanging off of the edge of the road about 200 yards above our house on Budweiser corner. We call it Budweiser corner because nearly every Saturday and Sunday morning there are empty Budweiser cans dumped along the road up there. She said she checked the car and there was nobody in it and I told her I’d handle it. Well I drove by on my way to town and the car was an Acura with registration stickers for 2016 on the license plate. About a mile up the road sat two San Diego county deputies so I stopped and told them about the car and where it was. They said they’d contact the CHP (California Highway Patrol) so I went to my workout and got a bite to eat and came back home and the car was gone.

So I went in and changed my clothes and was in the kitchen warming up a cup of coffee to take out to the shop and I heard this screeching noise and thought my cat had got mashed under the garage door again. I went over to the patio door to find out what the noise was and the cat wasn’t mashed it was sitting there looking at this screeching woman at the end of the patio. She was probably in her mid 20’s dressed in some kind of tight fitting nightshirt that didn’t cover up a lot that should have been covering up. I yelled out through the patio door security screen “Can I help you?” and she screamed “What did you do to my ——————— car?”  I told her I didn’t know what she was talking about and she told me that she had wrecked her car up the road last night and had left it there and when she came back to get it it was gone. I asked if she’d called the sheriffs office and she said she had but they wouldn’t tell her anything unless she had a plate number and vin number and she said she didn’t even know what those numbers were. I told her where the vin number could be found on the car and on the title and registration and insurance card. She said that she didn’t have a title, registration, insurance card and that she didn’t even have a drivers license. I’m thinking, lady you’ll probably never see that car again. I told her she should call the CHP as they are the ones that usually investigate the accidents on our road so she walked around the corner of the house making weird noises still so I walked into the garage where I could watch her leave and she got into an older Chevy truck with two Hispanic men and they drove off. 

I went out to the shop and worked for about  an hour and came back in and locked up and left for an appointment. Well driving up to Budweiser corner the Chevy truck was parked on a turnoff across from the place where the car had crashed and the two males were standing there watching two CHP officers, one directing traffic and the other cuffing the young woman and putting her in the back of one of the CHP units. I’m not sure what she got arrested for, leaving the scene of an accident, admitting to driving a stolen car, what was found in the car, no drivers license or insurance, DUI or all of the above but she didn’t appear to be in very good spirits.

Why would “Screech” be asking you what you did with her car? My guess is she was high, hence her arrest. 

Maybe she’ll learn from this and straighten out her life.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Why would “Screech” be asking you what you did with her car? My guess is she was high, hence her arrest. 

Maybe she’ll learn from this and straighten out her life.

No idea, but she was still on something based on her behavior. Thinking back on it she was probably acting weird enough that she told the CHP she had been driving the car, possibly stolen car, leaving the scene and if they gave her a sobriety test after she admitted that she was driving the car she failed the test, etc.. Not sure what happened to her but it was certainly an interesting morning.

I would keep an eye out for that pickup trolling your area. Zippie-pinheads like that have a tendency to blame others for their idiocy. Especially if those two guys are sweet on her.

5 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Yul-Did you tell the CHP about the exchange you had with her?

I sure would!

I would also ask for extra patrols because of her actions and demeanor.

OLG

Not them but I did tell a deputy about it at the post office, they’re the law enforcement out here.

1 minute ago, Yul Lose said:

Not them but I did tell a deputy about it at the post office, they’re the law enforcement out here.

Keep something 'special' in your pocket while around the house for a spell........;)

OLG

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Maybe she’ll learn from this and straighten out her life.

Yeah.  Right.  And maybe I'll win a sweepstakes for a few million bucks, too.

It's amazing how certain folks are perplexed with the ordinary burdens of life.  Stand in line at the RMV, or sit in the back of the Courtroom on a Monday morning; you'll see a parade of lost souls with a laundry list of reasons why they should not be held to the same standards as the rest of us.

LL

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yeah.  Right.  And maybe I'll win a sweepstakes for a few million bucks, too.

It could happen...

What could also happen is I could go back and edit and put the roll-eyes smiley where it was intended but forgotten. :blink::D

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It could happen...

What could also happen is I could go back and edit and put the roll-eyes smiley where it was intended but forgotten. :blink::D

It would really improve my chances if I were to buy a ticket .  :rolleyes:

Right now I'm banking on getting the Federal and Arizona State government pogues to approve my property as a weed sanctuary complete with a huge grant, say an even million bucks.  (Everyone else seems to be cashing in, why not me?)

47 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

It would really improve my chances if I were to buy a ticket .  :rolleyes:

Right now I'm banking on getting the Federal and Arizona State government pogues to approve my property as a weed sanctuary complete with a huge grant, say an even million bucks.  (Everyone else seems to be cashing in, why not me?)

Haha...Look into the "endangered" insects that frequent those weeds. You could find the endangered circle flies thus making your land a sanctuary.

Trouble is they might kick you off the land...:blink:

20 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

This morning as I’m getting ready to go to the gym for some weight work my wife calls, she had just left for work, and told me that there was a car hanging off of the edge of the road about 200 yards above our house on Budweiser corner. We call it Budweiser corner because nearly every Saturday and Sunday morning there are empty Budweiser cans dumped along the road up there. She said she checked the car and there was nobody in it and I told her I’d handle it. Well I drove by on my way to town and the car was an Acura with registration stickers for 2016 on the license plate. About a mile up the road sat two San Diego county deputies so I stopped and told them about the car and where it was. They said they’d contact the CHP (California Highway Patrol) so I went to my workout and got a bite to eat and came back home and the car was gone.

So I went in and changed my clothes and was in the kitchen warming up a cup of coffee to take out to the shop and I heard this screeching noise and thought my cat had got mashed under the garage door again. I went over to the patio door to find out what the noise was and the cat wasn’t mashed it was sitting there looking at this screeching woman at the end of the patio. She was probably in her mid 20’s dressed in some kind of tight fitting nightshirt that didn’t cover up a lot that should have been covering up. I yelled out through the patio door security screen “Can I help you?” and she screamed “What did you do to my ——————— car?”  I told her I didn’t know what she was talking about and she told me that she had wrecked her car up the road last night and had left it there and when she came back to get it it was gone. I asked if she’d called the sheriffs office and she said she had but they wouldn’t tell her anything unless she had a plate number and vin number and she said she didn’t even know what those numbers were. I told her where the vin number could be found on the car and on the title and registration and insurance card. She said that she didn’t have a title, registration, insurance card and that she didn’t even have a drivers license. I’m thinking, lady you’ll probably never see that car again. I told her she should call the CHP as they are the ones that usually investigate the accidents on our road so she walked around the corner of the house making weird noises still so I walked into the garage where I could watch her leave and she got into an older Chevy truck with two Hispanic men and they drove off. 

I went out to the shop and worked for about  an hour and came back in and locked up and left for an appointment. Well driving up to Budweiser corner the Chevy truck was parked on a turnoff across from the place where the car had crashed and the two males were standing there watching two CHP officers, one directing traffic and the other cuffing the young woman and putting her in the back of one of the CHP units. I’m not sure what she got arrested for, leaving the scene of an accident, admitting to driving a stolen car, what was found in the car, no drivers license or insurance, DUI or all of the above but she didn’t appear to be in very good spirits.

Well now that's a pretty interesting morning!!! Wow!!:o

Howdy,

This sounds like the beginning of a  'Judge Judy' show.

Just a thought, when she comes down from whatever she was on

its possible she wont remember you.

The courts will probably keep her busy maybe for 3-5 years??

Best

CR

Maybe pass a new law to pay for people’s insurance and registration for those that don’t qualify/afford by taxing and penalizing those that do?  That would be the California way.....

I forgot who the monkey in the governor's mansion was but I recall the inmates under the capitol dome in Sacramento deliberated adding a tax on on-road motor fuel (gasoline & diesel) to replace the requirement that owners of on-road vehicles carry insurance. 

Archived