SASS Wire Forum

Lever Lock Insert...Is there a market?

Rancho Roy

I saw this on another shooters rifle at a recent match. With time on y hands I decided to add an insert to the empty space the lever lock previously occupied.

I could make these for sale if there is enough demand.

They can either be JB Welded in place or held in with the existing lever lock hardware. Or The "primer" is a piece of turned stainless steel, threaded with a small nut to secure

Any case head could be used.....Current or old balloon head

Is anyone else offering this?

What would you pay?

Comments

IMG_20190610_134522815-vi.jpg?1560257809

IMG_20190610_134506047.jpg

IMG_20190610_134513803.jpg

IMG_20190610_134522815.jpg

Thanks....if I made them in bulk I could hit that price point. 

Some of the other products I offer on my web   site are made at a technical school in Caribou Maine. The products are used as part of the CNC shop curriculum. They would be making the primer insert stem for this project.

I would be very interested in having 2 of them with the stainless steel pin and nut in .45 Colt  PM sent.    Driftwood Dan

Count me in for a couple. Just neat looking item. 

I’m in! 

Also sent you a message on your website about a machining project. 

Ok, I’ve decided to make a bunch of these. I need to look through my brass for proper headstamps. I don’t think the Starline headstamp is appropriate.

for instance, 44-40 might want to be 44WCF.....

38 Special might want to be 38 COLT or 38 S&W

stay tuned...I’ll see what I come up with.

If you have some rare cartridge your shoot, you could send me three empty cases. I need three Incase I screw up two of them..... :-)

4 hours ago, Rancho Roy said:

Ok, I’ve decided to make a bunch of these. I need to look through my brass for proper headstamps. I don’t think the Starline headstamp is appropriate.

for instance, 44-40 might want to be 44WCF.....

38 Special might want to be 38 COLT or 38 S&W

stay tuned...I’ll see what I come up with.

If you have some rare cartridge your shoot, you could send me three empty cases. I need three Incase I screw up two of them..... :-)

Im not terribly picky about the headstamp. I wouldn’t even care too much about 38 Special or 357 Mag. 

I admire your desire to make it as authentic as possible but I am not overly concerned about that.  These are not original rifles and it will be better than what they are now. 

What would you pay for this high quality handcrafted level action rifle insert? $35, $50, $65? No, you can have is item in the size and head stamp of your choice for the low, low price of XXXXX. But wait, there's more. Use the offer code Rancho, and we'll send you a second insert at no extra charge. Call now. Operators are standing by to take your call.

Shipping and handling charges, state, and local taxes will be added to the sells price. A re-stocking fee of $15 per item and return shipping will be the responsibility of the purchaser. Offer not valid in CA, NY, IL.

Archived