SASS Wire Forum

SOLD TO MUDFLAP MIKE F/S safe queen 1959 model Ruger Singe SIx

I picked this up at a gun show about 15 years ago and never shot it, it would make a good Buckaroo pistol or a cheap practice piece. Its so tight I dont think it was ever shot much and has almost no wear parks, Id say 90% or better, (no 22 Mag cylinder) I looked up the serial number and if its right it was made in 1959, its three screw frame, no transfer bar, black ruger emblem on checked grips, also no warning message on the barrel. 4 3/4? barrel, rear sight can be adjusted side to side, front sight fixed. ser#150348     $250.00 and $25.00 shipping.

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

Howdy,

If Mudflat Mike doesn't want that for any reason,

I would like it.  Just in case he changes his mind.

Im not offering more. It looks like a fair deal, I just missed it.

Best

CR

Howdy,

I took a quick look in my book which is a little out of date.

A 90 percent like that was ezzactly 250.

that's 2 5 0 printed right on the page of the blue book.

Now maybe I don't understand all the ins and outs of collecting

But the deal seems quite fair and its none of my business.

Best

CR

I bought a couple of these for the kids when they shot Buckaroo, but neither had those nice checkered grips on them. Nice gun, never had a hiccup with either of mine. We now use them at our annual "Youth Extravaganza", where the range owner hosts a kid's shoot, complete with trap and skeet range, an archery guy comes in, and we have the kids shoot .22 cowboy guns on the CAS range. I also bring my shortened Henry .22 for the really little ones. We get over 150 kids, some who have never shot before. So our Rugers still get to get out once in a while.

Before I moved here from CA we shot with a club in Bakersfield(Five Dogs) and we have several young kids shooting with us, they later went on to become top guns in the sport, I was glad to pass this pistol on, it was just gathering dust, I know it was worth a lot more than I sold it for but I got back what I paid for it so I'm happy. I hope we can get a lot more kids interested in our sport and guns ownership so we never lose that right to those that want to disarm America.  Our club just lost our range so we are using a temporary spot this month and I hope we can find a perminate one in the near future.  

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
On 6/12/2019 at 2:16 PM, Neches 50502 said:

You just sold a $600 collectible old ruger for chump change. 

Actually the price was right on .  Been collecting since 1966 My Dad worked  at Ruger many, many yrs ago. I have all his collection from the mid 50's on 

I  have many early bxs, white bx, cod bx , mahogany bx and the ultra rare green wreath bx all in multiples and the guns to go with the bxs and papers .  :FlagAm:

Archived