SASS Wire Forum

1873 uberti dress up

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Can anyone direct me where I can get some dress up items for my Uberti 1873? I am looking for brass buttplate, forend tip and magazine tube plug.

Thank you,

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Don't know about the mag plug, though I've seen a couple.  The other parts can be had from VTI (1866 parts).  The buttplate will 99% sure NOT be a good fit, as those are fit at the factory and there are some slight differences in '66 and '73 crescent buttplates.  I've seen some fancy leather butt covers that are pieces of art.  That would purty it up.  Maybe have something laser engraved into the stock and/or forearm?

4 hours ago, Lynyrd Skynyrd said:

Can anyone direct me where I can get some dress up items for my Uberti 1873? I am looking for brass buttplate, forend tip and magazine tube plug.

Thank you,

Lynyrd Skynyrd

You might PM Double Diamond, he’s in Escondido and does real nice butt stock covers and lever wraps.

Richochet Roy has leather butt covers, and also covers for the lever itself.  Check out his website.

MY Two Bits.

W.K.

Disclaimer: I am not now, nor have I ever been in the employ of Richochet Roy, nor do I receive any renumeration for my mentioning him.  I have ordered several leather covers, for the lever on my rifles, which are in kit form, and I installed/stitched them on the levers of my rifles.  I did noticed he also creates leather butt covers as well.  I have never ordered one of those.

9 hours ago, Lynyrd Skynyrd said:

Thank you,

Lynyrd Skynyrd

You may find someone that can plate the parts you have.  

Or DIY.

18 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I thought the brass mag plugs were $25 and I thought that was a little steep.  Then I saw they were only $20, so I bought two.

Archived