SASS Wire Forum

‘73 springs?

Shooting Bull

I know darn good and well this is a Ford vs Chevy, Ginger vs Marry Ann question. I’m going to ask anyway.

Wire springs for a ‘73, which are better Slix or Whisper and why?

If you’re going to tell me properly tuned flat springs are better than both please save your breath. I’m only asking about these two. :)

I have Slix and Whisper springs in a 73.   Very little noticeable difference between the two.  The tuned flat springs never felt right and wore tracks in the lever.  I put and Action Springs from PGW in my 66.  It's a different set up but again little or no difference that I can detect.

Tried both, slix springs hold their shape/tension longer, whisper springs have virtually no resistance which took a while to get used to. Enough difference to be able to tell which gun has which spring in it. Currently one whisper, one slix, one tuned flat spring. One guess which is my go to.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

2 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Flat spring 

Winner!!

Like all of them over stock springs but everyone has their own tastes, styles and preferences why they like a particular setup.

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

13 hours ago, Charles B. Gatewood SASS #48517 said:

You might consider Shotgun Boogie's wire springs. I installed a set about four months ago and have been very impressed.

CBG

Those look interesting

1 hour ago, Shooting Bull said:

There's always gotta be one. :lol:

Hey I was only answering Gateway kids questions. 

I have slix springs in all of my rifles. Ole#4 lives here in Arizona now and he installed them for me 

Love them!

1 hour ago, Hells Comin said:

Hey I was only answering Gateway kids questions. 

I have slix springs in all of my rifles. Ole#4 lives here in Arizona now and he installed them for me 

Love them!

I'm trying to send you a PM.  Clean out your mailbox. :ph34r:

22 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Go into your Inbox.  Select the messages you want to delete.  A "Delete" button should show up in the bottom middle of your screen.

All's clear !

5 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

I saw those after starting this thread. I’ve gotten a lot of recommendations for them from people I trust...........and you too.:P

6 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

I saw those after starting this thread. I’ve gotten a lot of recommendations for them from people I trust...........and you too.:P

Hey now-------We have shared some Bulleit-------So you can trust me. :P

I've seen a good number of Boogie's products, and they are first line.........;)

OLG

Archived