SASS Wire Forum

A request for the prayer posse...

Clay Mosby

Hi folks. I posted here a while back about my mom's struggles with dementia.

Well, she is nearing the end of the battle. After a stroke last December she rallied for a couple months but then began fading fast. She was placed on hospice care last month to give her access to equipment and treatment under medicare she wouldn't otherwise receive.  Unfortunately the decline continued, and we were informed Tuesday not to expect her to last beyond the weekend.

Bless her heart, she had a full life, making it to 91 years young. A fiercely independent woman always willing to do anything to help someone. We will miss her terribly.

Clay, the hardest thing you'll ever go through is losing a family member.  Be sure to take care of yourself as you go through this becasue if you don't you'll be in no condition to help the rest of the family and friends.

My prayers for all who know her.

Add my prayers and those of Schoolmarm to those outgoing!!

Sounds like you all have been through a lot.   Prayers for you and your family.

May God's grace be with she, you and your loved ones.

May He give you strength in the coming days and may the Light Perpetual shine upon her. 

Prayers from my place.

So very hard.  I gave my mother in law permission to die, which she did within moments.  I miss her daily.  God bless.

Thank you friends, East Coast Filly and I appreciate it so much. There hasn't been any change, the hospice nurses are still saying basically the same thing, it could be a few days or within the hour. It is all in Gods hands and His timing.

Prayers up from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line....

We received the call late last night. My Mom passed away peacefully in her sleep. As much as it hurts I am comforted that she is no longer suffering, and that she and Dad are together again.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers

Archived