SASS Wire Forum

Someone Needs To Learn History

Subdeacon Joe

The queen handed her a bill for £1,297,000,000,000 when they shook hands. There was a small postscript that said “That’s just for the money. The lives were our cost not to do business with you.”

Germany took part alright, they were taken apart.

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Seriously...imagine what that must feel like...to be in a group pf people who are celebrating their united defeat of your country; telling stories of valor and victory over your troops.... I'm not sure that I would want to be in that room.

LL

Exactly!

Honestly! Why would you even go? 

Ah, I know why. To show European Union unity over Brexit...that’s why.

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Seriously...imagine what that must feel like...to be in a group pf people who are celebrating their united defeat of your country; telling stories of valor and victory over your troops.... I'm not sure that I would want to be in that room.

LL

Having Chancellor Merkle’s there does seem a bit odd. This isn’t a NATO or EU meeting.

This event celebrated a united coalition and their brave soldiers who smashed the greatest threat ever posed to humanity. 

And Merkle’s country was that threat. 

6 hours ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Having Chancellor Merkle’s there does seem a bit odd. This isn’t a NATO or EU meeting.

This event celebrated a united coalition and their brave soldiers who smashed the greatest threat ever posed to humanity. 

And Merkle’s country was that threat. 

At least Putin was smart enough not to show up, given that the Russians couldn't care less about D-Day and only focus on their own Great Patriotic War with Germany, whom they defeated single-handedly.

And yes I know the Russian contribution to victory was significant, but I do find it funny how both east and west act like THEY won the war without each other's help.

53 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

At least Putin was smart enough not to show up, given that the Russians couldn't care less about D-Day and only focus on their own Great Patriotic War with Germany, whom they defeated single-handedly.

And yes I know the Russian contribution to victory was significant, but I do find it funny how both east and west act like THEY won the war without each other's help.

What was the cost (in dollars or rubles) in lives and ships sunk getting all that aid to Murmansk?  Not sure how many Sherman tanks were sent, but I think there were a number of Bell P-39's that the Soviet Air Force used in ground attack mode! Hmmm? :angry:

I read somewhere that German history books tell that the German people “overcame” the Third Reich with the help of the Allies.

Between that and the aforementioned rewriting of history worldwide, you have the basis for Political Correctness and the One World goals of the liberals!!

In that link Subdeacon Joe gave me, it says she's the most powerful person in the European Union, AND THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD. :o

Well, damn. Way to go Germany. The Kaiser didn't succeed, and der Führer didn't make it, but now Germany rules the world.:P

The Germans did in fact participate in D Day. But certainly not as one of the Allied nations as we know them.

They were allied with some other folks.:lol:

Archived