SASS Wire Forum

RIP "Doubleagle Dave" (Arrangements added)

Ocoee Red #31751

Sad that we have lost another great cowboy. Dave "Doubleagle" Moser, Sass# 47357-L and Sass Regulator, passed away Wednesday evening in his home town of Chattanooga, Tn. Dave had suffered a heart attack a few weeks ago and then a stroke several days later. After surgery yesterday for fluid around his heart,  Dave passed away after suffering another heart attack last night.

Dave was the current president of Kentucky's Hooten Old Town Regulators. He shot with many clubs on a regular basis in Tennessee and Kentucky, Ocoee Rangers,  Tennessee Mountain Marauders, Ponderosa Pines, Hooten Old Town Regulators, Wartrace Regulators, Oak Ridge Outlaws to name a  few. He was a great friend and got real enjoyment on helping others.

Prayers to his family and friends. He will be sorely missed.

https://www.chattanoogan.com/2019/6/6/391565/David-Walker-Moser.aspx

I and my wife Diamond Girl left David's family about an hour ago.  They were in good spirits yet heartbroken at his sudden passing.   They are going to make funeral arrangements today.   They want the Cowboy Community that attends to wear Cowboy attire.   God bless them and keep them in this hour of sadness and loss. 

Dave was a good friend to so many.  He worked at many of the local clubs always helping with set up every month and in many other ways.  He was especially involved with Hooten and the Kentucky State shoots there through out the years.  He loaned out many guns and assisted others in any way he could.  Another great loss for our cowboy community.  

Prayers to his family and loved ones.

Pleasant

RIP Double Eagle Dave, prayers and condolences to the family.

We shared many a meal and many a stage with Dave over the years.  He was always a good shooter and a top cowboy.  We first met at Possum Trot when it was new and Schoolmarm was just getting into CAS.  He was always encouraging her and seemed to be happiest when others were having fun!!

I'm gonna' miss him!

May his family find comfort in knowing that he was liked and respected by all of us!!

1 hour ago, Fast Harley,SASS#34953 said:

He was everything a Good Cowboy ought to be.

You're right about that, Harley.

And DoubleEagle was pretty much everything a good human being ought to be.

Always a kind word and gentle demeanor.  And I might add, he had a nice laugh when we

were sharing a funny moment.

One of my favorite memories of Dave was while he was the TO when I once ran a 15 second stage.

He showed me the Timer and announced it to the Score Keeper.   

I ask:  "What did you do, re-hit the start button after I finished my pistols.

Double Eagle laughed and said:   "You owe me $5"..... and interjected his infectious laugh.

He was unique in the best ways.  

My heart felt condolences are extended to his family and closest friends.  

RIP DoubleEagle.   God Bless Ya, Pard.

And Thanks for being a friend.

..........Widder

We seem to be losing a lot of cowboys and cowgirls lately.  Sorry to hear about all of them passing.  Prayers to this cowboys family and friends.

I met Dave back in 2006 at Hooten Old Town. Shot many matches with him when I lived in Ky. Then got to shoot with him in Tennessee when I moved here. Great cowboy. Great human being. RIP Dave. Prayers for the family.

Drifter

A true friend  and a good man.  Prayers for his family, may God's peace be with them and may they find confort in the knowledge that they can be re-united someday.

Rest in peace my friend,

Lord I Pray for peace and understanding for Dave Family and Friends .

Lord guide them all threw the journey of loss and lead them all home to you.

Its in Jesus name we all pray.

Amen

I had the pleasure of knowing Dave for 6 years when I lived in Chattanooga. Everything that has been said of him is so true. A real Cowboy in so many ways. God  Bless Dave.  Hoss C.

Foot Note on Dave's Alias. Among so many of Dave's interest was the fact he was a very accomplished Golfer. One day many years back,  he was playing in a Foursome and scored two Eagles (2 strokes under par) in the same 18 hole round. If you know anything about Golf, this is really something! Hence the name, Double Eagle Dave! You may remember his custom gun belt ; it had two silver Dollars "built in" to the back of the belt, each with an Eagle showing.   Rip Dave.  Hoss C.

He was such a great guy, always had a smile or a grin and always a shout of hello or a wave from across the range.

He will be missed.

He was truly an ambassador for our sport and a cowboy to ride the river with.

Prayers up for the family.

EJ

To every single one of you who have posted your thoughts and those who have and are lifting the family up in prayer, many heartfelt thanks. This has still not registered with us; it is so abnormal yet soon to be the new normal.  Dave absolutely lived and breathed SASS, the matches, leading posses, helping others in any way he could to bring them into the sport, melting lead for shot, casting bullets and the infinite number of other things involved. To the pallbearers, you have my eternal gratitude and Ocoee Red, thanks for getting them together. To the countless of you who traveled from near and far, some staying overnight for the funeral, and all who dressed cowboy, what a testament to Double Eagle!  Thanks again, Cotton Ginnie, David, Jr., Heather, Cody, Gabriel and Jeriah. Love to you all!

Archived