SASS Wire Forum

Short and Blunt

Subdeacon Joe

Spot on. 

FB_IMG_1559703405029.jpg

The above walks hand in hand with 

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

: Robert H. Jackson, US Supreme Court Justice West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

I agree hole hartedly, but most don't understand the differance.

Not quite on topic, but today I went to town to pickup a prescription and to renew the tag on the Buick.  They've just moved the clerks offices into a remodeled WalMart and it's been open for about a month.  I pulled into sparking space and got out of the car, my intention being to hand Schoolmarm my pistol before entering the building.

I spotted a deputy sheriff as I stood up and called to him.  My question too him was concerning the lack of any placards restricting carry.  He walked over and smiled, offering his hand, "As far as I'm concerned, legally armed citizens like you and active and retired LEOs and service personnel should be allowed to go and come as they please in the building!!"  He turned to look at the building and the entrance, "By all means, please go ahead!  'Til they tell us otherwise, you have my blessing and that of the Sheriff."

I walked in, conducted my business and socialized with the ladies who always seem to take the best care of me, (They all know Schoolmarm) and left without anyone so much as batting an eye!!

REALLY PLEASANT!!!

8 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

"As far as I'm concerned, legally armed citizens like you and active and retired LEOs and service personnel should be allowed to go and come as they please in the building!!"

As it should be.  After all, that is what the 2nd Amendment says.

Archived