• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

What's the best microwave popcorn? 

Pop secret buttered

13 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

What's the best microwave popcorn? 

This thread deserves only the best home grown pop corn popped over the same rock we cooked our eggs on for breakfast. B) 

6 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

Do u cook your popcorn by total time? 

Isn’t the Popcorn button on the microwave Rank Time?

5 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Isn’t the Popcorn button on the microwave Rank Time?

If you let it cook too long - it’ll be pretty rank (in time)

2 hours ago, McCandless said:

You need to practice them one shot reloads!  Several folks carry an extra mag with one round just for that.

and when you're shooting Cowboy, a pistol reload used to be fairly common... it's been a thing of the past for quite a few years, but it seems to be making a comeback.  Besides, you want to preserve that clean match dontcha?

My Remingtons are 5 shot Kirsts conversions, no reloads... Really, I'm trying to shoot a clean match in every state within driving distance, so far it's just MD and WV...When I drive to DE, NC, OH, etc for a shoot, I don't care if it takes me 10 minutes per stage, I'm coming home clean, it's too far to drive more than once... Lol

Time is fleeting, madness takes it toll. 

Not to worry there is not really such a thing as time as time is an emergent phenomenon that is a side effect of quantum entanglement

Anyway, as a pard of mine says in summary: 'Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield.' 

It was very kind of you BSB to post this Winter question for us Aussies, as we role into our Winter and you hit Summer:rolleyes:

I was thinking maybe we can develop a Standard Deviation or Bell Curve system so that every child wins a prize:blink:

12 hours ago, Catlow4697 said:

Think of how much fun this game would be if there were no timers and no scores recorded.

We tried to have a "fun match" on a day other than our regular monthly.   The plan was no timers, no scores recorded, mix categories (shoot one stage Wild Bunch,  next something else and so on),  shoot stages as many times as time allowed.  BUT NO!  We had a good turnout but the majority couldn't get with the program.  HAD to keep scores.  So had to time and record. Had to send out results.  Had to shoot stage only one time. In short, just another match.  Most just shot the category style they always shot.  I shot every stage a different way.  I shot one stage Josey Wales and Wild Bunch.  I stoked my 97 and shot 1911 on handgun targets and then pistols gunfighter on rifle targets.  After a bit, they started loosening up and started borrowing 1911s and trying things outside the box.  Lots of laughing.  Boy! That was fun!  Well, yeah.  Now you getting it. 

6 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

My Remingtons are 5 shot Kirsts conversions, no reloads... Really, I'm trying to shoot a clean match in every state within driving distance, so far it's just MD and WV...When I drive to DE, NC, OH, etc for a shoot, I don't care if it takes me 10 minutes per stage, I'm coming home clean, it's too far to drive more than once... Lol

Solution:

https://www.taylorsfirearms.com/1858-remington-conversion.html?___SID=U

only need one.

23 minutes ago, Cowboy Junky said:

I'd quit if we didn't keep score...…..what would be the point? You don't have to worry about your score if you don't want to......it's optional. 

I agree, with no scoring or no competition I might as well go to the range by myself and plink!:o

I never shot during the old scoring system but in my mind total time works good you have to be able to consistently perform well to win. If you have a issue with you equipment or gear or a mental fault. You still have other stages to make up some time but at the end of the day the person that shot consistently and holds the best time wins how can you take away that he performed best and deserves to be placed where he is.

16 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

How do you know it's a dad horse? I thought it was a mare, but I wasn't about to search through the rotten flesh to find out

I just love autocorrect  dead horse

I think our scoring system should be based on a 'Handicap' scoring system and each stage should carry a 

variable difficulty rank.

Your individual 'Handicap' would be based on your age and boot color.

The stage 'Variable Rank' would be based on how many misses, 'P's, etc..... is earned by each Posse 

on that particular stage.   The larger the posse, and the color of their boots, would also factor into

the Variable Rank.

Its that simple..... :lol:

..........Widder

18 hours ago, Boomstick Bruce said:

I have to admit, I was one of the advocates for TT. I didn't know any better at the time. After quite a few matches and seeing the results of the switch to TT and hearing from the veterans of this sport, I have finally come to the realization I was wrong. Total time sucks. If you blow one stage, you can blow the whole match. One rifle jam, one dud pistol round, one dropped shotgun shell one procedural and you can drop from 1st to 5th... I say we go back to the old rank system...

Sir you have citied for abusing dead equine.

Let's see...folks have discussed the RP vs TT issue for YEARS, and finally it was conceded that TT is a better system.

Then someone has a bad match and would have finished higher had the system been RP...

And folks are actually taking the thought seriously???? (yes, some...thank god, are not.)

Once again, the population of the Wire performs at its expected level.

Phantom

6 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Let's see...folks have discussed the RP vs TT issue for YEARS, and finally it was conceded that TT is a better system.

Then someone has a bad match and would have finished higher had the system been RP...

And folks are actually taking the thought seriously???? (yes, some...thank god, are not.)

Once again, the population of the Wire performs at its expected level.

Phantom

I have seen no evidence that TT is a better system. Nor that RP is.  What I did see is that the more vocal people on the SASS wire were in favor of TT. So after several years of discussion it was decided to change. And that's fine. The more vocal people here were passionate about that change and so it happened. Not a good or a bad thing, just seemed to be what the majority favored.

4 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

I have seen no evidence that TT is a better system. Nor that RP is.  What I did see is that the more vocal people on the SASS wire were in favor of TT. So after several years of discussion it was decided to change. And that's fine. The more vocal people here were passionate about that change and so it happened. Not a good or a bad thing, just seemed to be what the majority favored.

You're kidding yourself Goody if you think that it was the noise on the Wire that caused the change.

Debate and discussion at length happened off the Wire.

Yes there IS evidence...and I for one is done with regurgitating it every time someone says that there is not.

This aside, I hope yer doing well.

Phantom

I';m in with popcorn and as drink to see how this thread now takes a header. 

Heck, do away with time. The winner is the last guy to be able to walk away from the campfire after the match.

19 hours ago, Quick Draw Granpaw #48525 said:

Well, I really think it's just fine the way it is, it's just a game.

+1 to this.

37 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

You're kidding yourself Goody if you think that it was the noise on the Wire that caused the change.

Debate and discussion at length happened off the Wire.

Yes there IS evidence...and I for one is done with regurgitating it every time someone says that there is not.

This aside, I hope yer doing well.

Phantom

Ok. Yes, I am well and hope you are the same. Did you retire or go back into business in Colorado?

Just now, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Ok. Yes, I am well and hope you are the same. Did you retire or go back into business in Colorado?

Semi-retired...opening up a modified version of what we had in Texas.

Stay well my friend!!!!

Phantom

RP or TT is not what we should be concerned with at all. A couple changes in DC and we could all be going back to watching shooting on TV.

Unless, of course, that is outlawed as well. Then again, libs make money off totin guns on the screen so...

What if, instead of total time, we awarded buckles at the end of every stage?  That seems much more fair.  That way, if you only blew one stage, you'd still take home 9 buckles--not a bad haul.  I bet we could even get bulk pricing at Montana Silversmiths!

1 hour ago, Smoky Pistols said:

What if, instead of total time, we awarded buckles at the end of every stage?  That seems much more fair.  That way, if you only blew one stage, you'd still take home 9 buckles--not a bad haul.  I bet we could even get bulk pricing at Montana Silversmiths!

You would get one plastic badge in the shooter package  then you would get gold stars , silver stars and smiley face stick on's

after each stage

after the match then free popcorn and soft drink

19 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

More popcorn please, with butter.:D

Comin’ right up!

02B03B91-5FB9-4519-89BC-2CEF122ABCF6.jpeg

Archived