SASS Wire Forum

Washington: Public Hearing on I-1639 Rifle Transfer Fee

Charlie T Waite

On June 4th, the Department of Licensing will be holding a public hearing to set the fee that will be charged on all sales and transfers of semi-automatic rifles when the remaining provisions of I-1639 go into effect on July 1st.  Please click the “Take Action” button below to submit a comment to the Department of Licensing asking that they keep the fee as low as possible.

click-here-take-action.gif?width=500&hei

Language in I-1639 allows DOL to charge a fee not to exceed $25 on all transfers in order to offset the administrative costs associated with the additional background check requirements.  This fee is to be collected by firearm dealers processing transfers to be remitted to DOL and is separate from any other transfer fees that dealers may charge.  Along with the mandatory training requirements, I-1639 could easily double the cost to transfer semi-automatic rifles.

Again, please click the “Take Action” button above to submit a comment to the Department of Licensing asking that they keep the fee as low as possible.  In addition, if you wish to attend the public hearing, information may be found here and below.

June 4th at 1:30PM in the Columbia Room
Washington State Capitol Building
416 Sid Snyder Ave SW
Olympia, WA 98504

WOW!!  Another "poll tax"!!

Archived