SASS Wire Forum

Browsers and search engines

DuckDuckGo.

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

DuckDuckGo.

Me too! Duck Duck Go is great!!

Startpage search engine

Firefox browser

Brave browser, DuckDuckGo search engine.

Brave has built-in ad blockers and may have issues with some sites. You can also disable the blocker if you really insist, though.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:09 AM, Go West said:

Brave browser, DuckDuckGo search engine.

Brave has built-in ad blockers and may have issues with some sites. You can also disable the blocker if you really insist, though.

That’s what I’m using the past few days.  I like it a lot.

I am pretty sick of Google’s horse crap lately. 

I use my iPhone more than anything else for accessing the web and my favorite places, like hanging out with you crazy people.

When I open Google for general searches and such I get news feeds.

In those feeds I get lots of stories that match my searches.

Sometimes I welcome the stories as they do have stories and articles that interest me.

They also give you the ability to tailor what you wish to see or more importantly what you don’t wish to see.

Last week was the final straw for me. There was a story about some silly BS that went on in Charlotte at a store where someone called some people names on there receipts. I clicked the little icon to remove the story and to not show me stories about that store. Because there was some “alphabet soup” characters that were offended the story kept popping up and I kept blocking it. I guess google really thinks I need to here about this crap. 

At the same time every story that came up about guns or motorcycles were negative stories that appeared to be incessant manipulation on the evils of both of my favorite things in the world. 

So, I started using DuckDuckGo. It took some getting used to but I am getting the hang of it.

Next step, to quit using Google maps. It turns out Apple’s navigation has gone through some changes and getting good reviews. I am going to try it out.

By the way, Waze is now owned by Google and they are manipulating Waze, I think, to drive people back to Google Maps.

Over the past few weeks I have been switching accounts that I used gmail for to use my Yahoo account. 

I am am trying to rid myself of Google. Or at least heavily minimize my use of Google...I have to use it at work.

Archived