SASS Wire Forum

Registration Issues

Frontiermann

Hi, 

I am new to this forum and trying to register and am having some issues. A few days ago I signed up for a new account, but I never received a confirmation email to finish registration, even after resending several times and checking spam folder. So I cancelled my account thinking that I would just start over again, and now it is preventing me from signing up using my same email and telling me that cancelled registrations are removed daily. It appears I can't sign up until my account is cleared so I can start over. I can't even post here with my same email since it says it is already in use, so I have added an underscore so hopefully it allows my post. Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Jared    

27 minutes ago, Frontierman said:

I used my work email and a different user name so I could post here. I would still like to use my other email address and user name.  

Are you by chance trying to use a gmail account. If so, some of us have been having trouble with a gmail address; I switched to non-gmail myself and everything works perfect. Oh and welcome to the best game there is! I'll notify the moderators so hopefully they'll see this.

@Olin W. Moderator

@Eliphalet R. Moderator

@Sam C. Moderator

4 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Are you by chance trying to use a gmail account. If so, some of us have been having trouble with a gmail address; I switched to non-gmail myself and everything works perfect. Oh and welcome to the best game there is! I'll notify the moderators so hopefully they'll see this.

@Olin W. Moderator

@Eliphalet R. Moderator

@Sam C. Moderator

Yes, I was trying to use gmail. Maybe that was the issue since my work email had no problem. Thanks for helping out! 

Just now, Frontierman said:

Yes, I was trying to use gmail. Maybe that was the issue since my work email had no problem. Thanks for helping out! 

My pleasure, wish I could do more. I sent the admins a report; hopefully someone will contact you before long. 

Frontierman--- Welcome to the best game and folks goin. Hope you get your account straightened out. I'm confident one of the Moderators will help.

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

2 hours ago, Frontierman said:

Hi, 

I am new to this forum and trying to register and am having some issues. A few days ago I signed up for a new account, but I never received a confirmation email to finish registration, even after resending several times and checking spam folder. So I cancelled my account thinking that I would just start over again, and now it is preventing me from signing up using my same email and telling me that cancelled registrations are removed daily. It appears I can't sign up until my account is cleared so I can start over. I can't even post here with my same email since it says it is already in use, so I have added an underscore so hopefully it allows my post. Can someone please help?

Thanks,

Jared    

Jared,

Being that you're already posting here, that means you are registered and already rolling...  If you are trying to change your registered name from Frontierman to something else, just let me know and I can do that for you.

Eli

22 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Jared,

Being that you're already posting here, that means you are registered and already rolling...  If you are trying to change your registered name from Frontierman to something else, just let me know and I can do that for you.

Eli

Eli, 

The main thing I could not get to work is use my gmail account to register. It seemed to work but I never received the confirmation email to complete my registration when using gmail. So I used my work email and a slightly different username to get it to work so I could post this, but I would really prefer to use my gmail if possible. I don't want to fill up my work inbox with notifications. It sounds like others may have had issues with gmail before from what Tyrel Cody said. 

Thanks,

Jared    

On 6/4/2019 at 4:52 PM, Frontierman said:

Eli, 

The main thing I could not get to work is use my gmail account to register. It seemed to work but I never received the confirmation email to complete my registration when using gmail. So I used my work email and a slightly different username to get it to work so I could post this, but I would really prefer to use my gmail if possible. I don't want to fill up my work inbox with notifications. It sounds like others may have had issues with gmail before from what Tyrel Cody said. 

Thanks,

Jared    

Yes, notifications will not come through on Gmail.  March 27th something seemed to change and none of our messages seem to flow through them.  This is not something that the SASS office can fix, as notifications are coming through with other e-mail services.  I'm just an old cowboy rather than a tech wizard, but this has gone up the line and it doesn't appear to be on this end. 

I'm using a different service other than Gmail now myself.  But, if you would like to use your Gmail address as your login, please send me a private message with the address and I'll change your log-in for you... but you won't get PM notifications or any messages concerning posts or forums you are following until this particular bug gets stomped.   Yahoo Mail might be an option, that works fine.

Eli

• 5 weeks later...

I did everything to register and somehow in the process it wouldn't let me complete step 2 and 3.

It had me type in guest, I never received a member number?   

Thanks Bob Schmidt

bschmidt@moespaceplace.com

This is what I get after replying to the e mail sent to me, can i just re do the process?

image.thumb.png.1aeb723952d5f113f05df55b52a2c486.png

4 hours ago, Bob Schmidt said:

I did everything to register and somehow in the process it wouldn't let me complete step 2 and 3.

Thanks Bob Schmidt

What are you trying to register for? You're in the forum. 

If you want an alias and SASS# you'll need to call the office and get that. As far as I know there is no online registration for alias/number.

On 7/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, Bob Schmidt said:

Thanks Bob Schmidt

As Tyrel said, you have successfully registered and posted in the SASS Wire Forum.  You're good to go.  If you wish to become a SASS member, everything you need is here: https://www.sassnet.com/Membership-Main-001A.php  choose an alias you'd like to use.   Check the Alias Lookup to see if it has already been taken.  Or call the SASS office 

Felina Selina

felina@sassnet.com
Member Services
SASS# 108513
(505) 843-1320

• 3 months later...

Might I suggest posting a notice on the registration form that gmail addresses temporarily don't work?

After two days of grumbling, it occurred to my tired and addled brain to fire up my old aol mail (man was that scary). Now, here I am.

Archived