SASS Wire Forum

EOT 2019 Prep

Moog

Get your posse together, EOT is right around the corner.

tumblr_inline_nn6rhxxgQh1rx85vj_500.gif.9eb591e10c52fe48b3927bb3fc092e3f.gif

My pre-big match ritual is in full swing.

What do you do to prep mentally or physically for the world championship?

I will shoot some matches with cap and ball revolvers to prepare for the plainsman side match.  I will also practice with rifles I will shoot in the "long range" side matches.

I practice waving and smiling.

11 minutes ago, Moog said:

I will be giving updates on actionshootingnetwork.com, here and facebook if i have a decent connection.

Drive to the intersection of Juan Tomas and NM 217 for a stronger signal.  If that doesn't work try the Wi-Fi at the McDonalds in Edgewood.

1 hour ago, Moog said:

I will be giving updates on actionshootingnetwork.com, here and facebook if i have a decent connection.

I have a pretty good Verizon signal up at the gate and quite a few folks park up there and make calls if their service isn’t good down below in town.

Either put the chain on the hotel door or post the "do not disturb" sign on the door........or have a goodly supply of large towels.......or have business cards printed up with your rates.

Otherwise, get good sleep, avoid excessive use of alcohol, eat right foods, dry fire with each firearm in the hotel before going to the range........in other words, do what I DON'T DO.

;):ph34r:

3 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I have a pretty good Verizon signal up at the gate and quite a few folks park up there and make calls if their service isn’t good down below in town.

I surf the internet and wire from the camp area at Founders every year as well, with Verizon!

This year, NM is having one of the coolest and wettest springs in many years!   You WILL need a rain slicker/coat - shooting continues during light showers.  It rained hard Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon, Monday afternoon and light showers this afternoon at the Ranch.  You may need jacket, sweater or sweatshirt for night time.  

However, when folks get here, they often find the weather hot, dry and dusty.

(Go Figure!  Bring a variety of clothes)

New folks ALWAYS find the altitude of 7000 feet is a challenge.   DRINK twice as much water as you usually do while shooting, and before each day's events.  Get plenty of sleep.   We have more folks need medical assistance for dehydrating themselves than for any other cause!    Bring chapstick and sunscreen and bug repellent (bugs like no-see-ums are starting to appear this week).

DO NOT leave an RV awning out when unattended if it is not WELL SECURED from high winds.  Each year several awnings are damaged by "microburst" winds that occur randomly through the afternoon.

Good luck, GJ

Archived