SASS Wire Forum

New England Trip-State Match

Yep, great match with creative, but not confusing, stages.  Shot with a great group of people and completely enjoyed myself.  Can't say enough good things about the match or the folks who put it on.

As always,  I got some chuckles based on my choice of shotgun, a 30" barreled 97, some disbelief at my choice of rifle, an AWA Lightning in .45 Colt, and a LOT of smiles directed at my right hand pistol, a gold plated Colt with (wooly mammoth) ivory grips.    I have mentioned this pistol here before and posted pics, so I won't do so again unless asked.   I'll also direct you to the thread "Cowboy Church at the Tri-State" so you can see the make shift pulpit I turned my guncart into for the Sunday service.  :)

Oh, and I shot the match clean.

We had some great weather and the stages were great! 

Congratulations to James Samuel Pike and Appaloosa Amy for top overall.

Congratulations to Oneshot Willtravel and Hawley McCoy for winning the SASS MA State Championships.

Congratulations to James Samuel Pike and Appaloosa Amy for winning the SASS CT State Championships.

Congratulations to Nutmeg Ryder and Nannie Oakley for winning the SASS RI State Championships.

Results  http://www.harvardghostriders.com/results.html

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362

Another amazing match with plenty of movement and targets set just right ,well written stages and very well organized . I am looking forward to next years match. OH! the weather was SUPER. :FlagAm:

It was announced that the dates of the SASS MA-CT-RI State Championships next year will be June 5-7, 2020. 

We hope you can make it!

The Siverado Theme this year made it pretty easy to write stages...although I probably spent 100+ hours on them so I'm not sure easy is the right word.

With 10 separate bays, good steel, and lots of props it does make it a good shooters match.   Lots of thought goes into building posses that run well and are fun to be on. 

We had a few rifle knockdowns, a soda can launcher, and soda can pistol target that was fun watching blow up.   A new prop was the stairs from the scene where Jake shoots at a guy backing him up the stairs.  Everyone seemed to like it particularly Gunfighters and they really enjoyed the stage with the scene where Jake shots the two bad guys outside the saloon at the same time on opposite sides of the building.  

The team shoot off is super entertaining...both to watch and to be in it.

I'm bias but it doesn't change the fact that we put on a really good match.

Put it on your list for 2020 and you won't be sorry.

AA

harvardghostriders.com

IMG_6476.JPG

IMG_6430.JPG

Archived