SASS Wire Forum

FS USFA color cased turned down hammers

I have a pair of turned down hammers that came out of an unfired pair of guns.   Cone firing pins.  These are color cased.

They should drop right in and work in any USA built USFA gun.   $350 shipped priority mail for the pair.  Pay Pal via F&F or a personal check is fine. 

Longhunter was the only supplier of these originally:  

"The lower contour is easier to reach for the one handed shooter and provides quicker shot to shot strings for the two handed shooter. With the hammer at rest, the sights are still in full view unlike the old style hammer where the sights are hidden. This means you never have to lose the sight picture again after the shot." 

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.longhunt.com%2Fusfa%2Fimages%2FrodeoII-lp-large.jpg&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F*

proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.longhunt.com%2Fusfa%2Fimages%2Flowprofile-compare.jpg&container=blogger&gadget=a&rewriteMime=image%2F* Standard hammer over laid on the USFA turned hammer.

I will take them. I can do paypal if you like.

Why is this called a turned down hammer? It was not done on a lathe. Lowered is a less confusing term. IMHO

The reason they are called "turned down" is because the original design came from hammers that had the spur turned down by using a torch,  a hammer and anvil.    Hammers were never turned down on a lathe.  The ones  that just sold were cut from a pattern made by USFA using a original hammer that the spur was bent down with heat and leverage.  

I have a 2nd pair  of turned down hammers for sale.   These are color cased.  $350 shipped priority mail for the pair. 

DSC00974.JPG

• 2 months later...

Archived