SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

I was attending a memorial service today and after about the 20th speaker went on and on about how the deceased could walk on water without disturbing the fish I kinda lost interest and started looking at this ladies head in front of me and I detected small insect like creatures chasing each other around in the bald spots. I leaned forward for a closer look and sure enough Head-lice!! Yep, she had them and on closer inspection the guy she was sitting beside had them too. Well being the concerned, caring individual that I am I wanted to let them know that they had head lice, Mrs. Lose on the other hand let me know with a sharp jab in the ribs with her elbow that I wasn’t going to spill the beans. So if you noticed that someone had head lice would you tell them or would you come to the conclusion that they already knew they had them?

We have a friend that is a school nurse and she says that she spends a large part of her day treating kids with head lice.

I'm guessing they knew about the lice, and were at the memorial for some eats after the service. Occasionally, our clients decide to bring the nice furniture that someone dumped in the alley into their apartments. They also bring in the family of bed bugs with them.

How could someone not know they had head lice?

Just now, Assassin said:

I'm guessing they knew about the lice, and were at the memorial for some eats after the service. Occasionally, our clients decide to bring the nice furniture that someone dumped in the alley into their apartments. They also bring in the family of bed bugs with them.

I never had them but from what I saw I think I’d know if I had them, it ain’t like they are microscopic.

If I knew I had lice I sure wouldn't be spreading them around at public functions. Did you check your hair, heard those critters can jump 6-8 feet.:o

13 minutes ago, Assassin said:

If I knew I had lice I sure wouldn't be spreading them around at public functions. Did you check your hair, heard those critters can jump 6-8 feet.:o

Yes, we checked each other. We decided to not attend the lunch after the service. 

30 minutes ago, Assassin said:

But would you, out of concern for their wellbeing, let them know that they have a small city of head lice living on their head?

Maybe just a sticky note on their back that says "stay away lice on board". My heads itching just thinking about lice. It's their business, they might think it's normal. No, I wouldn't tell them. My wife would get all pissy and tell me to shut up. Then, when we got in the truck she'd laugh at them and tell me how nasty they were. To think people live like that! Makes you really want to place your head on that motel pillow, or airline seat.

1 minute ago, Assassin said:

Maybe just a sticky note on their back that says "stay away lice on board". My heads itching just thinking about lice. It's their business, they might think it's normal. No, I wouldn't tell them. My wife would get all pissy and tell me to shut up. Then, when we got in the truck she'd laugh at them and tell me how nasty they were. To think people live like that! Makes you really want to place your head on that motel pillow, or airline seat.

Are you married to my wife’s sister? She told me it was none of my business.

I would ask to speak with one or both privately after the service, and say, “I was sitting behind you. I noticed you have head lice.”  Simple statement of fact. Then shut up. See how they respond.  Take it from there as you wish.

Funny story:  our son played little league baseball.  He has been totally bald since age 6 with alopecia areata, an autoimmune condition in which he is essentially allergic to his own hair.  The coach called us to let us know the catcher had been diagnosed with head lice.  My wife responded that she knew there would come a day that she would be glad her son was bald.  Listening to the coach stumble and stammer with apologies was fun! But actually it was encouraging... our son’s baldness was not an issue for him and he had simply forgotten about it.  It was encouraging, really.

2 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Are you married to my wife’s sister? She told me it was none of my business.

We're all married to your wife's sister. It's a common trait among women to tell their men " it's none of your business". 

I would want to tell them but I would have to change seats first. 

Now all all of a sudden my head itches...

I have never had lice and I wouldn’t intend to experience it by hanging out with them finding a cordial way to tell them they have a physical infestation. 

Imagine yourself trying to whisper to them of your discovery only to have them lean forward to hear you...

Things like this creep me out so I am pretty sure I would just leave and not tempt fate...maybe a note on a paper airplane...?

We raised our two granddaughters.  Every fall a note was sent home from school informing us of an outbreak of head lice.  Ridex time.  

Head lice are trouble but can be defeated.   Fleas,  on the other hand,  are an all out battle to get them out of your life.  

Apple cider vinegar is a good natural insect repellent.   I drink a shot in a glass of water every morning.   I put a glug in the washing machine when washing my clothes.  I put about a table spoon full on a wet hand towel when taking a shower.

I wouldn't say anything but I damn well would move as far away as possible and I would leave asap!

Hi Yul,

I saw this yesterday, thought about it, and still don't have a definitive answer. If I had them, I'd sure want to know. As I've never had them I don't know if one would already know. I Googled and found that it may take 4-6 weeks for the itching to begin. So, they may not know.

I am with those that would move away from the people.

Regards,

AM

11 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

But would you, out of concern for their wellbeing, let them know that they have a small city of head lice living on their head?

YES-I would speak up in concern for the health of others.

It is a health hazard for sure.

OLG

I managed to get a case of lice (not the head kind) once while hot-cotting with other soldiers running a Jump TOC during field maneuvers.  I quickly told everyone who had come in contact with that cot and got my ass a hammock.  Never shared a cot again in nine years.  If head lice are anything like those in the nether regions, I don't think you are unaware of them, but I would want to be told of the situation is someone thought I had them.  Early awareness is the best way to stop the issue and I would hate to find out that someone else got them from me.

Well, there you go--I only have one secret left!

5 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

You should stand up immediately upon your pew and shout at the top of your lungs while pointing at the couple "Get back Satan and take your filthy lice from the heads of these fine people!" then quietly sit down as if nothing had been said

Image result for cat with mouth open in shock

7 hours ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

You should stand up immediately upon your pew and shout at the top of your lungs while pointing at the couple "Get back Satan and take your filthy lice from the heads of these fine people!" then quietly sit down as if nothing had been said

I’m gonna have to remember that.

Guest Texas jack Black SASS#9362
23 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

California has a inclusiveness  policy so HEAD LICE have rights  Let them be or you may rile up the LIBS.:lol:

Archived