Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
LQ Jones

SOLD: Uberti Burgess .45 Colt SOLD

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

The Burgess (20" octagonal short rifle, .45 Colt, 10+1) I found here on The Wire a few years ago; it's in good condition. No case.

 

SOLD !!

 

LQ Jones

 

 

 

IMG_20190609_145210980.jpg

IMG_20190609_145220273.jpg

IMG_20190609_145236289.jpg

IMG_20190609_145256757.jpg

IMG_20190609_145309868.jpg

Edited by LQ Jones
SOLD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Diamond Curly SASS#57086 said:

Is the Spencer a rifle or carbine? Thanks, DC

Carbine. I'll edit, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the Spencer have the Lane extractor or does it have the double paddels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Does the Spencer have the Lane extractor or does it have the double paddels?

Single Lane extractor.

Edited by LQ Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Does the Spencer have the Lane extractor or does it have the double paddels?

 

What is the difference and which one is better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stopsign32v said:

 

What is the difference and which one is better?

The original m1865 & m1867 used the lane extractor. All reproductions use the lane extractor to my knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stopsign32v said:

 

What is the difference and which one is better?

When Armisport came out with the reproduction Spencers they used a double paddle extractor on them.  They were problematic and caused jams when used.  Later Armisport changed to the Lane extractor and this solved all the jamming problems.  I am not sure but I think only the ones made in 44 Russian and 45 Schofield used the double paddle extractors.  When they started making the ones in 44-40 and 45LC I believe that they were only made with a Lane extractor, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

When Armisport came out with the reproduction Spencers they used a double paddle extractor on them.  They were problematic and caused jams when used.  Later Armisport changed to the Lane extractor and this solved all the jamming problems.  I am not sure but I think only the ones made in 44 Russian and 45 Schofield used the double paddle extractors.  When they started making the ones in 44-40 and 45LC I believe that they were only made with a Lane extractor, but I could be wrong.

I've had two repops, a 5650 and this one. Both had Lane extractors. My original has a blade.

No problems whatsoever with this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, smokedawg SASS#60968 said:

Any trade or part trading the Spence?

BSS or SKB - got everything else but a really good shotgun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LQ Jones said:

Carbine. I'll edit, thanks!

Was hoping it was a rifle. Thanks, DC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So , what style of barrel is on the Burgess , round or octagon ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Splitthumb said:

So , what style of barrel is on the Burgess , round or octagon ?

Octagonal barrel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Browning bss, it's in good condition, with a few stock ding, 24 inch barrels, removable chokes. Would you be interested in trade for the Burgess rifle..

 

IMG_20190610_193127_1.jpg

IMG_20190610_193156.jpg

IMG_20190610_193127.jpg

IMG_20190610_193648.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Limping Jim said:

I have a Browning bss, it's in good condition, with a few stock ding, 24 inch barrels, removable chokes. Would you be interested in trade for the Burgess rifle..

 

IMG_20190610_193127_1.jpg

IMG_20190610_193156.jpg

IMG_20190610_193127.jpg

IMG_20190610_193648.jpg

I'll send a PM, Jim. That does sound interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.