SASS Wire Forum

SOLD: Uberti Burgess .45 Colt SOLD

LQ Jones

Does the Spencer have the Lane extractor or does it have the double paddels?

2 minutes ago, Stopsign32v said:

What is the difference and which one is better?

The original m1865 & m1867 used the lane extractor. All reproductions use the lane extractor to my knowledge.

12 minutes ago, Stopsign32v said:

What is the difference and which one is better?

When Armisport came out with the reproduction Spencers they used a double paddle extractor on them.  They were problematic and caused jams when used.  Later Armisport changed to the Lane extractor and this solved all the jamming problems.  I am not sure but I think only the ones made in 44 Russian and 45 Schofield used the double paddle extractors.  When they started making the ones in 44-40 and 45LC I believe that they were only made with a Lane extractor, but I could be wrong.

40 minutes ago, Nickel City Dude said:

When Armisport came out with the reproduction Spencers they used a double paddle extractor on them.  They were problematic and caused jams when used.  Later Armisport changed to the Lane extractor and this solved all the jamming problems.  I am not sure but I think only the ones made in 44 Russian and 45 Schofield used the double paddle extractors.  When they started making the ones in 44-40 and 45LC I believe that they were only made with a Lane extractor, but I could be wrong.

I've had two repops, a 5650 and this one. Both had Lane extractors. My original has a blade.

No problems whatsoever with this one.

6 hours ago, Limping Jim said:

I have a Browning bss, it's in good condition, with a few stock ding, 24 inch barrels, removable chokes. Would you be interested in trade for the Burgess rifle..

IMG_20190610_193127_1.jpg

IMG_20190610_193156.jpg

IMG_20190610_193127.jpg

IMG_20190610_193648.jpg

I'll send a PM, Jim. That does sound interesting.

Archived