SASS Wire Forum

Deadwood Movie

Yohanaqua

Watched it twice this weekend.  The first time I wasn’t completely sold.  I thought it a 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

Second time through, it clicked for me. Give it a 9.5 or a solid 10.  I think this is a high quality, modern Western, fit for its time.  Wraps up a lot of loose ends as well.

Of course, I’ve always really liked the show.  The language doesn’t bother me (I kinda like it, it makes me laugh) but I’m careful who I watch it with.  I guess others opinions will depend on their own previously developed preferences.  What say the Saloon?

Yohanaqua

I really liked it. They didn't try to start where they left off. It was 12 years, everyone had aged, the town had grown, train, power. The characters has evolved, but were still who they were. And evil triumphed over really evil, Hearst. Nicely done.

Ike

Watching it now with a bottle of Bourbon close at hand. Enjoying it tremendously!

Marvelous! :D

1 minute ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

One, it’s a movie

Thanks, I thought so but wasn’t sure. :)

Al Swearengen with a heart , what  the #*@)is the world coming to , also Wu taught little Wu well .

We watched it twice and recorded it..No doubt we will watch it again. Was also glad to see the doc was still with us and not a "Lunger". On a side note EB was at a book signing in Harrisburg and sadly we found out the day after would have liked to have met him and bought his book.

Sgt Hochbauer

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed it!!  It was well executed and well acted.  It tied up many lose ends.  It left enough to do another if the demand was large enough. I enjoyed it enough to DVR it!!

Archived